cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to deactivate my Daughters phone

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good day everyone, 

we are looking to deactivate our daughters phone (her request) but cannot remember what username/Email address we used, woudln't be a big deal but our credit card is attached to the account. 

Can someone help with this

9 REPLIES 9

@Mattredwingsfan 

As per @Anonymous instructions get the renewal date. Then put a hold on your card registered for autopay before midnight eastern on the night of renewal. Remove it 12 hours later or after service is suspended on the phone (usually 6am et but renewals can run as much as 6 to 8 hours late.) Once suspended the account will be cancelled and deactivated 90 days later.

Edit: no 4 digit account pin # needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Edited to add: @Mattredwingsfan yes you can add or remove autopay through *611 option 5. 

@Mattredwingsfan : .... but you'll need the 4 digit PIN of the account. And do it on the phone itself or call 18554public. The 4 digit PIN might still be on the phone as a text from 611.

@Mattredwingsfan 

CSA response time can be a few hours.

If you remember the PIN number of the account, as mentioned in previous post, you can dial 611 and remove autopay from the account.  Once suspended more than 90 days, your account will be permanently closed and number lost.  The PIN number would have been texted to your daughter's number when you first activated the account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

Mattredwingsfan

No I was faced with that in the chat bubble 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MattredwingsfanI've never heard of someone being asked for a username and password when calling 611 from the service phone. Would you please confirm that's the situation that you're facing?

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

Tried that but it's asking for her username and password which is the issue we are having, if I enter in this info from this account it will reset my own email address which I don't want is there another solution?

Your only other option is to contact the CSA through the chat bubble and raise a trouble ticket and do the identity verification through their questions.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mattredwingsfan

Tried that but it's asking for her username and password which is the issue we are having, if I enter in this info from this account it will reset my own email address which I don't want is there another solution?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

Good day everyone, 

we are looking to deactivate our daughters phone (her request) but cannot remember what username/Email address we used, woudln't be a big deal but our credit card is attached to the account. 

Can someone help with this

@Mattredwingsfan, you will need to raise a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot using the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner.  The CSA will ask you some identity verification questions and once verified they should be able to help you.  Alternatively I think you can remove (or turn off autpay) by calling *611.  

Edited to add: @Mattredwingsfan yes you can add or remove autopay through *611 option 5.  Once autopay is removed the account will go in to a suspended state because of no payment and after 90 days like this the account will be closed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.