Did you mean: 

Lockout Paradox

Christiansmeu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problems:

• I lost my phone with sim card in it

• All of a sudden my account requires 2 step verification when I try to log in

• I no longer have access to my email to get the verification code

• My current plan expired this month so even if I had my phone, I would not be able to receive the verification code

Attempted solutions:

• Purchased a payment voucher to re-activate my plan

• Purchased a new Sim card to replace the one I lost

Additional problems:

• How am I supposed to pay the balance I owe with the payment voucher I bought when I don't have my phone to call and pay through the automated system and I can't log into my account to do it online?

• How am I supposed to transfer my service to the new sim card I got when I can't log into my account 

Summary:

• I can't verify myself via 2 step verification due to loss of phone/Sim, current plan not being active, and no access to my email

• I bought a payment voucher to reactivate my current plan but I have no way of submitting it to pay

• I need to transfer my service to a new Sim card but I can't log in because of 2 step verification

It's a vicious circle and a paradox of problems 

Please can someone help me because I am stuck

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Make a payment through 611 (or *611). If you haven't forgotten your PIN.

Contact the CSAs to validate access to Self-Serve this time. Don't forget your email address next time.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Christiansmeu   

All 2FA system has this potential problem if you use SMS as the 2FA method and you lost the phone

For your safety in the future,  your email should use authentication app or device authentication instead of sms.  You should also save some backup codes in case you lost the phone or you need to have couple devices setup as backup ( tablet, old phones, etc)

For your current situation, it is actually not that bad.  Get a new, temporary email first,  then you can open ticket with PM support and they will validate your identity and thrn change your login to another temp. email address

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can call 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the voucher there. What happened to your email? So yes you're in a bit of a pickle. As above.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Christiansmeu 

contact support team by  CS_Agent  to change email and set new password.

Need Help? Let's chat.