cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account

pshawn2281
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I change the email associated with my Public Mobile account? My account is tied to an email that no longer exists, so I cannot log in because I can't verify my identity. I can't find the option to receive an SMS, so I'm locked out. Please advise.

17 REPLIES 17

pshawn2281

Yep. I was able to change my email and complete the payment. I still don't know why autopay failed, though. Thanks for your assistance.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pshawn2281 

Woohoo! That's good to hear that response times are back to normal. Thanks for the feedback.

pshawn2281

Thanks for your help. Someone quickly got in contact with me via private message.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pshawn2281 

Keep in mind that customer support replies have been a little slower than usual running at about 90 minutes. If you do not hear from them by 10:00 p.m. Eastern you will have to wait until tomorrow to sort of your account. Otherwise look into purchasing a public mobile voucher as your account pin number is not required to add vouchers via 611. Your account will immediately be reactivated as long as the voucher amount equals or exceeds your plan amount.

@pshawn2281   To pay with a voucher (via 611) you don't need a PIN, just the voucher PIN which can be purchased from SDM, 711, London Drugs or Shell or online vendor recharge.com who will email the voucher for a fee.

pshawn2281

I see. The account has been suspended. I tried * 611, but I can't make a payment because I don't know the PIN.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pshawn2281 

Is your account suspended? Or deactivated? There's a big difference. Are you still able to call 611 from your phone and get your account information? If so then you were just suspended. If you get a message saying they can't find your phone number then you are out of luck as your account has been canceled and deactivated....a much more permanent type of description.

As already mentioned by @dust2dust the quickest way to reactivate your account and get services would be to pay with a public profile voucher or by using the credit card on the account and entering your 4 digit account pin number thru 611.

Here is additional information on public mobile vouchers and alternative methods of payment.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Once you activated you can get the 2FA verification code sent via SMS text to your phone. Once you log into your account go to the profile page and disable 2FA verification. You can then contact customer support to get your email changed when it is less urgent.

@pshawn2281    You can still ask for assistance for another account as long as you can verify the pertinent account details to prove that you own or manage the account, so it doesn't matter much which community account you use.

edit:  BTW, are you sure the account is deactivated (means closed and number lost too)?  Or you mean it's suspended due to lack of payments, due to autopay failure in which case you just need to add the funds with a voucher via 611 for now to reactivate the account.

pshawn2281

Or perhaps I'm missing something?

pshawn2281

I created this community account specifically to get assistance. I have another community account with the email tied to my phone account. The trouble is I can't remember my username.

pshawn2281

Yeah. The account is deactivated. That said, I have no idea WHY it is deactivated. The card I have for autopay isn't compromised, and there are plenty of funds in the bank. However, I've previously experienced issues with the system (e.g., rewards not being applied, irrelevant text messages, etc.).

@pshawn2281    You just needed to sign in with the same username/password for the community account in the new window for verification purposes.  Kinda of confusing procedure, though.

pshawn2281

All right. It appears I only have the second option.

pshawn2281

The first option doesn't appear to work. I had to create another community account that was not associated with my phone account. So, I must send a private message?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like the account is suspended. You can also pay using vouchers or real time payments or if you know your 4 digit account pin you can dial 611. You can use 611 without the pin for vouchers.

Then when it's reactivated you can use the SMS option. The registered email address is just the login id. It can even be fake. You just need to know the password.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

hi you need to  to contact a customer service agent for account email reset or change 

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pshawn2281   to change email address for My Account, only PM support can help, please engage them via ticket:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.