cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay with Costco CIBC MasterCard

Nicole2913
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is my autopay with my Costco CIBC MasterCard not working? The card itself works but my autopay is denying it. I switched to a different MasterCard. My can’t I use my CIBC one and why wasn’t I notified before, if you aren’t allowing Mastercards with rewards anymore…

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nicole2913 

To add to @dabr's reply Public Mobile would have to give you 30 days notice via email or text message informing you of the change and it is highly unlikely since it is prepaid service. How would they be able to anticipate a service charge for using a credit card before you actually make a payment?

Furthermore the CRTC still has not ruled on telus's application to charge the service fee to their customers. This is despite the CRTC saying they would have a ruling within 45 days which I believe that deadline passed sometime last week so a ruling is imminent.

This still will not affect public mobile customers at this time and I highly suspect won't affect public mobile customers period.

@Nicole2913   Sometimes autopay (pre-authorized payment) fails for no apparent reason and that might have happened in this instance.  If you see the Reactivate option after logging into your account, try clicking it a couple of times or more to push the payment through.  Make sure to clear cache/cookies and use incognito/private mode or another browser before logging into the account.

As for the CC, for now PM is still accepting payments by preregistered valid credit cards and the Telus decision to charge CC fee (for now) only applies to services with Telus and not PM or Koodo. 

Nicole2913
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The card was already entered in the account and has been used for the last year and a half. It’s no expired, cancelled or any of that. There was an article I read last week that Telus(parent company) is going to start charging a fee for using credit cards to pay. They don’t want to pay the fees charged by credit card company’s for covering any points/rewards issued by the card companies. I suspect that’s why they will no longer charge that card. I use the same card for all my online purchases. 

@Meow wrote:

Any Master Card should work. Who do you expect to notify you????

Type your address exactly as from your billing statement

Don't use a space in the postal code

Please be aware that the above information is no longer current.  There is nowhere to enter any credit card billing address. It is no longer used.  Also, while I agree that a there should be no space in the postal code (there really never should have been), Self Serve doesn't allow a space to be entered to begin with.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nicole2913 

Are you having trouble adding the card to your account for pre-authorized payments or did you have an auto pay failure with the card registered on your account?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nicole2913 

The payment system is finicky.  Public mobile is not restricting credit cards with rewards.  You could try again in another hour, but with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  You could also try a different device.  

noaccountpls
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @Nicole2913 I would try to contact CIBC to see what is going on because both of my credit cards are with CIBC and one of them I do use for auto pay second suggestion would be to contact customer service agent.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Any Master Card should work. Who do you expect to notify you????

If your card is not accepted it has to be something you are not entering correctly. What error message do you get?

Type your address exactly as from your billing statement

Don't use a space in the postal code

Use ALL CAPS if necessary

Need Help? Let's chat.