cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can new accounts not add Vanilla prepaids anymore as ways to pay?

Bananacat89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently set up my younger brother with a new account. He cannot add a Vanilla Mastercard or Visa to his autopay. We tried various cards. It is very odd. We have had this problem for a month now. Everything is activated with postal codes on the prepaids end. Just for some strange reason Public mobiles system will not accept them on his account. Yet they accept them on my 5 year old account. 

Seriously scratching my head at this one. 

11 REPLIES 11

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bananacat89 

I found this post about Muskbird helpful. My son used it last month to purchase an automatic top up (RTR) from them. They also have vouchers. He paid by e-transfer from his bank for a $40 auto top up (+tax) that was added instantly for only an extra $0.30! I believe credit card and PayPal payments have a 7.5% processing fee.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/m-p/9...

Unfortunately agents cannot add or replace a payment card in your account they can only remove them

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bananacat89 

I've had this issue. After many tries (2 attempts daily) I lucked out after a week or so. While generally this is a glitch that Public Mobile can't seem to fix I also believe that prepaid cards are just being rejected altogether as I have tried everything to add a prepaid visa and/or the prepaid m/c to my son's account without success. If the prepaid cards on your accounts are not removed or replaced they are fine but you might not be able add/replace them with new prepaid cards.

Bananacat89

Yes i have had problems using the "MyVanilla" .. But the normal Vanilla ones work every month for my account. Yet not for his.

The only difference I can see between our accounts is I am on the old Rewards program and he is on the Newer rewards program. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

Only 'real' credit cards can be used to pay for PM services. Not pre-paid one.

@Bananacat89   The above is not quite true but I do believe there are couple of different Vanilla prepaid cards with one that works and one that doesn't (haven't used them, so cannot confirm which one works).  Other than that any prepaid CC should work (I've used them) at PM but sometimes there are hiccups in the PM system, unfortunately. 

Muskbird is a good option if your son is unable to purchase any vouchers nearby although most gas stations and convenience store normally stock them.

@Bananacat89 wrote:

I recently set up my younger brother with a new account. He cannot add a Vanilla Mastercard or Visa to his autopay. We tried various cards. It is very odd. We have had this problem for a month now. Everything is activated with postal codes on the prepaids end. Just for some strange reason Public mobiles system will not accept them on his account. Yet they accept them on my 5 year old account. 

Seriously scratching my head at this one. 

The adding a credit card bug appears to be back.  I can't add my TD Visa to my Public Mobile account and this isn't a case of user error.

@Meow wrote:

Prepaid credit cards work fine at Public Mobile.

Bananacat89

I will tell him to check those out. Thanks.

@Bananacat89  He can buy vouchers online from muskbird.com or recharge .com but there a fee for them with the latter being most pricey . But these can be loaded *611 and resume services right away and no need to even leave the house 

Bananacat89

I use em every other month. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Bananacat89

He kinda lives in a remote area. None of the gas stations, pharmacies or grocery stores seem to sell the Vouchers for public mobile near him. He also has no car.. So for him being able to use the Vanilla prepaid's is a necessity. Yet we can't get the darned system to accept them. 

Need Help? Let's chat.