cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local phone number

GR
Mayor / Maire

Hi, just wondering if it's possible to get a different phone number that's not listed when you activate?  The 2 different phone exchanges around here are long distance from where I live so every time I call my daughter it will cost me long distance on my home phone.  I see that Telus has an exchange in the town I live but not Koodo or public mobile 

9 REPLIES 9

@Cliffb wrote:

How an I able to change my phone number to local area code

Go to the website selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Click on where is says Plans and Add-Ons.

Now go to where is says Change Phone Number. 

Where it says Select your local calling area, choose the city you wish to have a phone number from.  You will be a given a choice of 5 different phone numbers. Choose the one you like best and then click on Submit.

Cliffb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How an I able to change my phone number to local area code

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GR wrote:

Let me clarify, I have a landline with no long distance plan and I'm gonna activate a new phone for my daughter soon so I wanted to see if they could get me a number which would be local for my landline to call her.  I messaged the moderator team so I'll wait for their reply. I'm in no rush cause I'm only activating her cell phone in a few weeks.  My other daughters had lines with bell Mobility first so I ported their numbers to public mobile so those are local numbers for my landline to call.   Thanks for all the help! 

How about ditch the landline and move over to Public Mobile and get no long distance starting in your province. There's also no long distance for the whole of Canada.

Fun fact...911 is still usable even if there isn't an active service on the good ol' copper line.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR Ah, like I suspected. 

Your other option would be to sign up for a Bell/Rogers prepaid in case they can give you a number with that exchange, and then port over to PM. However you would be paying for their SIM card and possibly have to add some credit to your account too. 

You can give that a try in case PM doesn't have any numbers allocated within your exchange. 

Good luck!

Let me clarify, I have a landline with no long distance plan and I'm gonna activate a new phone for my daughter soon so I wanted to see if they could get me a number which would be local for my landline to call her.  I messaged the moderator team so I'll wait for their reply. I'm in no rush cause I'm only activating her cell phone in a few weeks.  My other daughters had lines with bell Mobility first so I ported their numbers to public mobile so those are local numbers for my landline to call.   Thanks for all the help! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steff12321 wrote:

@Anonymous PM does not offer landline services. The OP wants to be able to call his daughters cell phones through his home phone and not incur long distance charges. 

For this, he would either need to get phone numbers in his exchange so it's not long distance, or upgrade his home phone to include province wide long distance. Contacting the @CS_Agent would be the only way to do the former. 

@steff12321 

Well thank you but his post is open to interpretation. I only posted to clarify some interpretations. He didn't say his home phone was a landline. He didn't say he had activated a phone for his daughter. He didn't say he was activating a phone for himself. So I was trying to get clarity.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous PM does not offer landline services. The OP wants to be able to call his daughters cell phones through his home phone and not incur long distance charges. 

For this, he would either need to get phone numbers in his exchange so it's not long distance, or upgrade his home phone to include province wide long distance. Contacting the @CS_Agent would be the only way to do the former. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GR wrote:

Hi, just wondering if it's possible to get a different phone number that's not listed when you activate?  The 2 different phone exchanges around here are long distance from where I live so every time I call my daughter it will cost me long distance on my home phone.  I see that Telus has an exchange in the town I live but not Koodo or public mobile 

So it's your daughters phone that you're trying to change? Your home phone is not with Public Mobile?

Public Mobile doesn't really do long distance starting out with province-wide. Yes if you want to call another province.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@GR wrote:

You can ask directly to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437and see what they can do for you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.