cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Community.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So I made this Community Account and EverSafe ID before signing up for an actual Subscription. 

Once I make my Account full and Activate a Plan, will this Community automatically be linked to my new Subscription account? 

I just want to make sure ill still earn rewards for helping the community, even if i had my community account before my plan. 

46 REPLIES 46

@PaulaRu when did you first send them message ?  Did you check your community inbox? If there is no reply still, please message them again later on the morning , like after 9am EST and you should get a response within 1 or 2 hours 

PaulaRu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No. I've been waiting for a repsonse from that link and got nothing. It's painful trying to get through to anyone for support. 

GregStarla

PaulaRu, not sure on that one about Public Mobile refunding your money. I guess you don’t have service since you can’t authenticate via an old, no longer in use, phone number. I’d try contacting Customer Service with all the details and that the payment was taken from your credit card. Worth a shot! Good luck!!! 

@PaulaRu don't give up PM yet.  Support can fix it and help to complete the activation. It is a quick fix for support  and you just need to  engage them via direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

PaulaRu

What if you already have signed up and paid for your first monthly bill. Will Public Mobile cancel this transaction or will the bank have to dispute the charge? I'm currently not able to log into my old account but they had no issue allowing me to put my credit card info and pay for the first month but once it got to authenticating my EVERSAFE ID - I can't authenticate a number I no longer have.

GregStarla

It is such a pain in the you know what, it’s not worth it to me. Just create a new email, or use a different email you have and be done. 

@Priority 

although you can't open an account using previously used email address without problem  , but there is a glitch at the moment, and EverSafe might still try to send an email to your 2FA to the phone number previously associated with that old email.  

I suggest you to use another email to open the account

Once the service is working, to to My Account, Profile page and click Manage EverSafe ID and the update back to the old email if you want. 

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

Be aware. that you might still encounter the same issue and be prepared that you might have to message support for fox after. But at least you have a working phone and you can do this when you have time

Bagel08

This is my exact issue I am facing right now! START A NEW ACCOUNT WITH A NEW EMAIL!!! Save you so much time and nonsense. I cant log into my old account as the phone number that was saved to authenticate myself I no longer have as its deactivated.

GregStarla

Priority, I did exactly what you are describing here. I Ieft Public Mobile, figured my account was closed then went to come back to Public Mobile, only to find out my old email was still attached to my old account. I had to use a different email to register with Public Mobile upon my return. So weird. Why don’t they disconnect the email once an amount is closed? 

Priority

Say I was a prevoius Subscriber of Public Mobile and I ported to another Provider, closing my Public account.. if I were to come back, would I have any issues using the same email to make a new EverSafe ID and start a new Subscription again?

To put it Simply will New Activation with an Old Prevously used email be okay?

Priority

Update: CSA was able to update/change the SIM Card for us resloving the issue. 

Thank you all for your help.

@Priority wrote:

Hi there, i have not logged into my Public Mobile account since the update and change to EverSafe ID. 

I tried for the first time today, and it wants to send my Cell Phone Number a 2FA code to login, however I am currently in Korea and cannot get this code since Public has no reception here. 

I need to pay my bill so I do not lose my account or phone number after 90 days, however I also cannot call 611 here to do that..

I have a friend back home in Canada who bought a SIM Card to activate on my Account in order to pay my bill and do everything for me till i return to Canada.. however i can't sign in to change my SIM Card without being texted a code which i cannot get.

I cannot contact CSA from The Community Account/EverSafe ID attatched to the account i am trying to access as a result of not being able to sign in as well.

If this SIM Card can be changed and updated, my friend will be able to put it in his phone in Canada and get back into my account.

Is CSA able to change my SIM Card for me?

@Priority , well that’s frustrating! Please let us know if @Handy1 or @softech workarounds work. Then maybe you’ll be able to load the voucher you showed us on your post from when you were at 7-Eleven yesterday 🙂 Unless you didn’t buy one. I know the workaround has worked for a few Customers on here!

Edit: I guess you probably can’t Dial  1 (855) 478-2542  (1 855 4PUBLIC) from another phone either to do that from Korea 😞.

@Priority 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Priority  your fiend my still have issues signing into your account too . But can try thru email instead by tapping resend code . But to change the SIM card and do as your trying to achieve they would need to get logged into account and swap SIM card number like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1689095472372.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Priority

Hi there, i have not logged into my Public Mobile account since the update and change to EverSafe ID. 

I tried for the first time today, and it wants to send my Cell Phone Number a 2FA code to login, however I am currently in Korea and cannot get this code since Public has no reception here. 

I need to pay my bill so I do not lose my account or phone number after 90 days, however I also cannot call 611 here to do that..

I have a friend back home in Canada who bought a SIM Card to activate on my Account in order to pay my bill and do everything for me till i return to Canada.. however i can't sign in to change my SIM Card without being texted a code which i cannot get.

I cannot contact CSA from The Community Account/EverSafe ID attatched to the account i am trying to access as a result of not being able to sign in as well.

If this SIM Card can be changed and updated, my friend will be able to put it in his phone in Canada and get back into my account.

Is CSA able to change my SIM Card for me?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

Your Community email and your account email will be combined into your account email so they will be the same.

Normally, you subscribe to a plan first then create an Eversafe ID for longtime members but not sure on recent members.

Need Help? Let's chat.