cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit on US Usage?

CannonSt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan includes US usage.  Is there a limit?

I'm planning on spending winters in FL.  Can I continue to use my PM account for 4 months straight or do I need to get a US carrier?

5 REPLIES 5

CannonSt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No problem on nthe VoLTE.  I've used my phone in the US lots, but only for a few days at a stretch.

Thanks for the replies.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CannonSt 

For talk capability in the US, here is info re: VoLTE. Scroll down to see if your phone is on the PM whitelist.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

unlike other mobile carrier, there is no limit to how much can be used in US.  So, you can use all data in US.  

enjoy your US stay 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CannonSt   The Canada-US plans work the same in both countries, no limit other than as specified in the plan, as long as you keep up payments.  A possible downside is if you don't have a VoLTE approved phone in which case data and texting will work but voice calls may be a problem on the US side.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CannonSt, I have the same plan, there is no limit as to how much it can be used in the U.S. so use it just like you are in Canada. Just make sure you have your data roaming turned on and if you have any issues with connecting you may need to manually connect to T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon

Need Help? Let's chat.