cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left public and was charged $39.55

betht
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched providers and my Public plan renewed Dec 20 and then I switched Dec 27 then noticed a charge for $39.55 that same day on my credit card. Why is this being charged? Was for myself and my husband. 

14 REPLIES 14

betht

We both had renewal date of Dec 20, we both got charged our regular renewal amount, then Dec 27 we both got charge $39.55 which was more than our monthly bill. So 2 charges Dec 20 and 2 charges Dec 27 so 4 in total

@betht were both yours and your husband's renewal date on December 20th?

Or, did one of you activate about a week later. If so, that would make sense why these two days there was a charge on your card.

What were the dates (and amounts) of past/previous charges on your card(s)?

betht

There was our normal amounts charged and then this other amount charged

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@betht wrote:

I switched providers and my Public plan renewed Dec 20 and then I switched Dec 27 then noticed a charge for $39.55 that same day on my credit card. Why is this being charged? Was for myself and my husband. 

That could be the same charge from Dec 20.  With holidays, it takes longer for charges to show on statement.

@betht   which provider did you move to? any chance it is Koodo or Telus?

betht

No we don’t have any other accounts. 
no we weren’t playing around leaving. 
We bought new phones and they switched over the phone number for us when we got the new phones and they set up the new accounts with the new provider. It was the same day. I’ve sent a message to an agent 

@betht wrote:

I’m not sure I understand. If it’s prepaid for the next month, I paid on Dec 20 which should be for the next period correct? So then why am I charged 7 days later more than my normal rate for both mine and my husbands plans. 

@betht   true, that doesn't make send.

You don't have other accounts still with PM?

and any chance you were "playing' around the change plan option before you left PM?

did you "officially" left PM on Dec 27th?  The charges were on the same day you left PM? not couple days later?

For this issue, I honestly think it is best to work with PM support demand for a refund

@betht 

Are you and your husband on the $35 plan?

Did you both port out of PM?

Since we are just members like you, we can't check on your renewal date and your husband's renewal date.

I am assuming that it takes 7 days to complete the CC charging process.

I think you should contact a CS_Agent to look into your account and answer your questions.

Did you both port out? Did you have the same renewal date? Yours was apparently the 20th. When was your husbands? Did you pay on the 20th?

betht

I’m not sure I understand. If it’s prepaid for the next month, I paid on Dec 20 which should be for the next period correct? So then why am I charged 7 days later more than my normal rate for both mine and my husbands plans. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@betht 

If you ported out (Dec 27) after your renewal date (Dec 20), you will be charge for the following month.

PM is a prepaid service so it isn’t prorated like postpaid service. There are no refund on prepaid service.
In your case, if you ported out on Dec 18 or 19 to avoid charges for the following month.

You can contact a CS_Agent to see if they will give you a refund.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @betht 

send a private message to  CS_Agent   they will help you.
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@betht   on the same date Dec 27?  that is $35 + tax.  did you make a plan change by mistake that day?

I would go ahead and open ticket with PM support and get them to investigate further

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@betht  

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.
Need Help? Let's chat.