cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Public Mobile

CPdee98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After 2 years I’m leaving Public Mobile.  I requested PM to port my number to another carrier yesterday.  I got the SMS message to my phone about this and I replied YES to the change as per the SMS.  How long does this take as usually whenever I do this with other providers it’s fast within 3-6hours.  I’m trying to get this done before my next cycle which is on March 19th.

6 REPLIES 6

HI @CPdee98  understand.. yes, go with the wallet 🙂

CPdee98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Freedom,  they have 50gb data. And Canada/US unlimited with 5$ off when you bring your own device.  I’m basically paying the same 34$ with discount and I’m getting 10gb more and the perk of using in the states when I travel.  The switch in the points system made me decide to switch

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CPdee98 

which provider you are going to? The porting should be done in 15 mins or no more than couple hours.  You can keep your PM sim card in the phone, and reboot every little while. The moment PM sim card is not connecting to PM network, you can put the new sim card in and test inbound/outbound calls

but you should also call the new carrier and ask them if everything on pace

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CPdee98  Usually only take 20Mins to 2 hours once the PM SIM card stops working put the new carriers sim in the phone . Once you have successfully ported your PM number out it will automatically close your PM account . 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CPdee98   As long as you replied YES within 90 minutes of getting the text the rest is up to the new provider so best to contact them for status.  Have you tried putting the new provider's sim in the phone and rebooting?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CPdee98 

it usually take around 30 mins to 4 hours.  Please try reboot your phone every 15 mins and test incoming calls.  Once your new provider's sim card is reciving the incoming calls, the port is done.  If more than 4 hours and still not receiving incoming calls on your new sim, please  contact your new provider and ask them to confirm the porting status

Need Help? Let's chat.