cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Unused Billing Cycle Credit and Winback Offer

Starturtle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with migrating from Koodo midway through a billing cycle?

I recently switched from Koodo to Public Mobile to enjoy additional data and 5G speeds. However, I was in the middle of my monthly billing cycle with Koodo when I made the transfer. I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with this situation?

Will I receive any credit back from Koodo for the unused balance of the month?

On a side note, two days after switching to Public Mobile, I received a call from a Koodo representative. I was expecting them to offer me a Winback deal, but they didn't after I mentioned that I had contacted Koodo's Loyalty department to request a price match for Public Mobile's 30GB 5G plan at $40, which they didn't provide.

3 REPLIES 3

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Starturtle 

If you were post-paid for Koodo you might get a pro-rated refund directly to your credit card for service that you didn’t use. When I ported over from Bell a few months ago I got a partial refund directly to my credit card.

You can reach out directly to Koodo for confirmation on this. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It's possible, you'd have to contact them. Generally for post-paid lines you pay in advance for your core plan, and you pay in arrears for any overages. It's possible they'd refund part of the month, but they may also have a 30 day notice requirement. You'd have to contact them to be find out about your specific situation. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Starturtle 

if you have Koodo Postpaid, they will only charge you those days on the cycle. 

But if you have Koodo Prepaid, then you will not get any money back from Koodo

And same, if you are taking any winback offer and go back to Koodo, PM is prepaid carrier and they won't refund you the leftover days you have with PM

Need Help? Let's chat.