cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting texts from Public Mobile saying I have 10 minutes left in my plan??

JoanD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am getting these texts almost daily, directly from Public Mobile, saying "You have 10 minutes left in your plan" then a link to their website. I logged in and double checked and yupp, I have unlimited minutes Canada Wide and have barely touched my long distance minutes. I have no idea what's going on but these texts are getting annoying.

7 REPLIES 7

@Liam4 wrote:

As others have said, ignore those texts, because of your plan they are meaningless, just block them and if there is actually a problem, you’ll see it when you login to your account on the web.

I would not suggest, so much, to block these messages @Liam4 .

Normally, messages from this short code / Public Mobile can provide important information about your account information.

These messages happening currently to this OP is unfortunate, but I would not recommend cutting off the texting communication because of this. Especially if someone is not often checking their self serve account or Community forum for statuses and/or updates/announcements.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JoanD  - it should not be happening with your plan.

Try restarting your phone, or performing a reset of the device's network settings to see if that helps.

If it is really annoying you, contact Public Mobile CSA to let them know.

But, if you can put up with the texts until your next renewal, then during that renewal process it will likely reset something on your account side of things. 

The message should go away on its own.

Liam4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As others have said, ignore those texts, because of your plan they are meaningless, just block them and if there is actually a problem, you’ll see it when you login to your account on the web.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Seems to be an issue, always defer to what your self serve account says. Hopefully they can clean up these inaccurate and erroneous messages that people are getting on their plans, data and minutes

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems likely it's a glitch on PM's end. Just ignore the texts if your plan has unlimited talk.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I fyou know you have enough minutes, just ignore SMS from PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JoanD   To be honest, PM sent wrong text often.  If you have unlimited outgoing calls and your calls are working, ignore the text

Need Help? Let's chat.