cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just transferred into Public Mobile, but can't receive calls/texts

tanghl813
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Just transferred my number over from Fido. I can call out and send text messages but can't seem to receive any. What's the problem here?

5 REPLIES 5

tanghl813

It works now. Thanks again!

tanghl813

It hasn't been 90 minutes yet. Thanks!

@tanghl813   has it been 90 minutes yet?  if already passed 90 minutes, you will have to call a number to retrigger the process.  I will message you the number just in case.  Check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.

tanghl813

Thanks! I must have switched the SIM card before getting the message. I'll put the old SIM card back and see if that works. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tanghl813   First you can make outgoing calls?  If so, good

For incoming calls/texts, you requested port in old number from your previous provider?  If so, did you reply YES to the text from your previous provider? 

if you did reply YES within 90 mins, it is good.  You just have to wait for the porting to complete to get incoming calls.  It should completed within 2 hours.  Just reboot your phone every 30 minutes for update.

If you missed the text, didn't reply within 90 minutes, then the port won't complete.  But no worry.  Let us know and there is a number you can call to re-trigger the text.  

Need Help? Let's chat.