cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

DM31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I entered aSIM card that didn't work and public mobile charged me. I bought a new SIM as I guess the first one was expired and now I would like to activate my account and transfer my phone # to public mobile. What is the process?

6 REPLIES 6

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I am in agreement with @computergeek541 about being careful to not create a second (unwanted) account if there's a chance that one has already been created previously.

@0PX9O4  hence, why I started with my statement about being confused, and my question about SIM being expired.

For sure, if a successful SIM card activation was completed, another SIM card does not need to be activated (unless they want a 2nd number and account).

I am not sure if the charge the OP is speaking of is related to the cost of the SIM card itself, or was there an activation completed on a valid SIM card. So, taking the information as I see it and working with it.

Don't really know; let's hope OP comes back with more details.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am in agreement with @computergeek541 about being careful to not create a second (unwanted) account if there's a chance that one has already been created previously.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DM31 wrote:

I entered aSIM card that didn't work and public mobile charged me. I bought a new SIM as I guess the first one was expired and now I would like to activate my account and transfer my phone # to public mobile. What is the process?

@DM31  - I am a bit confused with your question.

Firstly, Public Mobile does not support eSIM.

What first SIM are you talking about being expired? Was this a SIM that had an activate account at one time, but has been deactivated/suspended for over 90 days? Then, yes, that SIM cannot be used to open another account.

So, a new SIM card would be required to activate and port your number over to Public Mobile.

Check to ensure your number is eligible to transfer over here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Yes, it says Koodo, no worries - Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile.

If your number is ok to port over, complete the SIM activation pages here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

You can do the port during the activation process.

OR, if you like, you can activate with a new number then port in your previous provider's number afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DM31 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent 

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@DM31 

Whatever you do, don't activate another account. The likeliness of the original SIM card being faulty is low. If you've been charged for activation but the service isn't working, a customer support agent can help with that.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DM31 

Since you were already charged before, you should get in touch with an agent by sending a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.