cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serious help with a complex question

shadoplay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I gifted my developmentally delayed son a public mobile account some time ago. My wife and I both have accounts and have had for years.  He finally got a second hand iPhone from a relative recently and started using the phone.  He has been receiving texts on his phone stating he has paid for his monthly bill.  The only problem is that I have no idea who is paying his bill.  I've searched my cards, bank accounts etc and nothing has been withdrawn from them.  I also cannot access his internet account despite trying my best to follow all the sometimes conflicting instructions on line.  I submitted a ticket (with great difficulty) pleading to be able to speak to someone regarding this problem but to no avail.  How can I solve this unique and personal problem if I cannot speak to someone about the issue.  I sincerely doubt anyone else has ever encountered this problem so hold out little hope anyone on here can help.

Stan

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shadoplay  great that you got the answer. I have in marked your self solution as those are typically frowned upon in the community. Please pick the reply that best helped/informed you.

@shadoplay wrote:

Thank you all for your serious and helpful replies.  The solution has been fixed by private messages to a CS person who was also very helplful.

Stan

@shadoplay   glad it is resolved and resolved quick..  

shadoplay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your serious and helpful replies.  The solution has been fixed by private messages to a CS person who was also very helplful.

Stan

@shadoplay 

When you activated the account for your son did you do it in store or online? Did you set up the self serve account? Do you have the welcome email from public mobile? The username would be the email and the password you chose at activation.

Is it possible that the relative that gifted the phone added funds to the account with a pm voucher? This can easily be done by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering the 10 digit phone number. Basic account info can be accessed this way and pm vouchers added to the account.

Customer support can give you some info on payments to the account if you can verify that you are the account holder. The basic info to do this is:

1. Full name and address on the account.
  2. Phone number, email and 4 digit account pin #.

Otherwise there are several other questions a CSA will ask to verify the account. But this may present an issue for you if you do not know the payment info or other details. If you run into an issue perhaps we can help you remember or recover enough info to verify or you can ask for verification thru a SMS text to your son's phone.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@shadoplay

How your son acquired service with Public M.?

Did he (or somebody else did this on-line)? If YES, then somebody had to had to use one particular e-mail. Find that email and try to find out what password has been used to create an account.

If account is opened at retails store, try to find which one and how they opened it.

To my understanding if you have PM service you have to have PM account associated with particular email.

Opening a ticket might be an issue these days. If you need further assistance from CSA try to contact them directly:

- Send a private message to the CSA by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

You might have hard time getting info regarding your son's account as CSA might refuse giving that info to somebody who is not account owner to eliminate potential fraud and account abuse.

But try, you never know. Maybe you come across sympathetic CSA willing to help.

There is no unfortunately phone number to call PM. Assistance regarding account issues are only through ticket/email with CSA. Over here are customers like you trying to assist other customers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shadoplay   Who opened the son's account?  your son?

you can try to use Forgot password link and try to enter all possible email of yours, your wife and  your son.  Once the probably one entered, you will need to answer the Security Question.

If still fails, you hve to open ticket with PM and trace which email account was used.  (I believe you opened already ) But very likely you will need to answer the validation questions, not sure if you have all the answer.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shadoplay  there is noone to talk to just messaging as you have done with the CSagents.

Firstly did you signup his account  at a store or at home by yourself?

If at a store did you create a self-serve account? If not, that might be the reason why you can't access the account. Try creating a self-serve account using his phone number.

If you activated at home, search your emails for the welcome message from public mobile. Each account has its own email address for self-serve

Another option is to try all your emails that you have with the lost password feature. If a email is registered, you'll take you for next step. If it isn't, it will give you an error this way. At least you can figure out which email addresses are connected to self-serve

The agents should be able to help you out if you provide them with the necessary information about your son's account, once they verify you have permission to access the account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : They said they submitted a ticket. Please read.

@shadoplay : How was the account you created for him paid for? When you made the account was the SIM put in a phone and used?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadoplay 

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

and try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

check your email spam,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadoplay 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.