cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the number transfer: Can't make/receive phone calls and messages

dlee739
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently switched to Public from Freedom. I followed all the steps for the number transfer and I can't get it to work. I made a ticket regarding the issue a couple of days ago and the response I got was the same exact step by step guides and re-initiation of the number transfer process. This time I waited a whole day (after I replied "YES" to the verification SMS I got from my previous provider) just to make sure I give it enough time. Today I swapped out to Freedom's SIM card, nothing. I've contacted the Freedom live agent and she said I'd have to talk to Public because they are not seeing issues on their end.

I've had this issue for a couple of days now, and it would be really appreciated if I can get any help. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Please take a look in the top right corner of the page. I will send you a private message with the number.

dlee739
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its not working... Is there any way I can directly contact the porting team?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dlee739 

Do you by chance have another cell phone you can try the PM SIM card in? Sometimes SIM cards can be finicky. Sometimes tossing it into another phone helps sets the SIM. I know it sounds odd but it happened to me twice.

Now, since you were on Freedom, I'd recommend going into your network settings and resetting ALL your networks to clear out anything Freedom related. Then reboot. Then see if Public Mobile shows up.

Need Help? Let's chat.