Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with sales tax and referral credit

krishnr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am having two issues:

1. I signed up using a referral code but I do not see the $10 one-time credit posted to my account.
  2. The sales tax for my plan is showing as ON when my address is in AB.

Can you help resolve this please?

6 REPLIES 6

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just noticed my expected payment is showing ON at the moment also although my phone number has a BC area code.  I am waiting to see if it corrects itself as it is a new account.  
Edited to note mine has now corrected itself

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or as @fujiyama said, buy a voucher (not an instant top-up where you give them your number) in store in AB. The purchase will be taxed at 5% if it's not tied to a specific phone #.

As a bonus, if you have a CC that gives extra cashback in supermarkets, or 7-11, you might (should) get the higher cashback too, if that's where you buy the voucher. 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@krishnr 

The taxes apply to the area code you are using. If you want no taxes…you have to pick a new Alberta area code and number.

It depends on how attached you are with your Ontario number…pay the taxes if you want keep it.

The $10 credit doesn’t apply right away but it will show up before your next renewal date.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The referral credit could take a few days to show. Contact Cs_Agents if you don't see it after a week.

Sales tax is charged based on the area code of your phone number, so you will need to switch to an AB number OR, pay only by buying vouchers in stores to load your account.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It will take 48-72 Hours after Activation to recieve your $10 one time Credit from a Friend Referral Code.

It is not immediate.

Is your Number an AB Number or an ON Number?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @krishnr 

The $10 credit takes up to 72 hours to show up on your account.

Sales tax goes by area code. So if you picked an Ontario number, that's how it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.