Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding porting old number to new sim card

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin


I submitted in request for proting my old number with koodo to public mobile, unfortunately I dont have my old sim card. What should I do now?


Mayor / Maire

HI @Jhh1 , usually it cannot be done. 


However, since you are with PM , it is possible they can help you to port without the SIM.  Just open a ticket with PM CS Agent and explain,, they can probably able to manually port for you: Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

  1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

Mayor / Maire

Is it prepaid or postpaid Koodo you had? 

Mayor / Maire


Depending on if your account with koodo was prepaid or postpaid will determine your course of action.


  1. If prepaid contact customer support as directed by @hTideGnow .
  2. If postpaid and you have requested porting less than 90 minutes ago contact koodo customer service immediately to see if you can verbally authorize your port request. If past the 90 minute window to authorize the port request then either contact customer support or the telus porting department to reinitiate the port request and then immediately contact koodo customer service to verbally authorize your port request.




To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 


Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.