cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 3x points for the limited time $40 15gb plan permanent or only for 12 months?

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This particular question has been asked on Reddit, RedFlagDeals and on the PM forums but no official answer given the question is buried deep in the individual threads.

a lot of folks pointing that it could be like the typical 3x bonus for a year for new customers and not even sure if existing customers can get this 3x bonus

if it is permanent, then it changes the math and rewards basis for all pre points system customers that are on the old rewards system  (and there is enough folks out there that posted the full math on the forums)

if it’s temp for 12 months, then easy decision to stay on previous rewards system 

I think an official answer would help, just like when it was confirmed the plan is legit and available for a short time by J_PM but again not enough details on the fine print provided 

10 REPLIES 10

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541   I think putting 3x Point-back in the Plan description really confuses everyone.  Maybe you can help to provide the feedback via your channel 🙂  thanks

just to let you know, it has been mentioned

@computergeek541   I think putting 3x Point-back in the Plan description really confuses everyone.  Maybe you can help to provide the feedback via your channel 🙂  thanks

@Aiden wrote:

I know you are very knowledgeable here and post on RFD as well and likely correct as an Oracle contributor, but would be very helpful to have an official staff confirm that, given this limited time plan was not shared anywhere until someone posted the change plan screen discovery 

Again not doubting your credibility 🙂

Since the introduction of the 3x points over, it has always been only for new customers, and only for 12 months. The 3x points was also listed in the plan details for all of the plans.  It's likely that fact is now more noticeable as the this new $40 plan (and the old $55/20GB) is much better than any of the other 4g plans that were introduced (that really weren't that good).

Under terms and conditions stated on the plan advertisement page at publicmobile.ca the terms say:

"Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%.

Points bonus will automatically be applied separately from the regular 5% points-back to eligible purchases within 4-5 business days. Points bonus will expire if the account is deactivated."

Points are not a feature of the plan, or any of the specific plans.  It's an offer tied to the account of a newly activated account on any plan. I agree that it's confusing that Public Mobile has stated that the points are a plan feature, but they really aren't (as you can take any of the plans and not get any points if you're on the old rewards system).

Caveman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If the 3x is applied indefinitely, then it's comparable to the dollar-based system, but without it, it's way less. Personally, given my loyalty, this year it would work out to be 63 points / $63 dollars in my pocket, but the aggregation of having to sign in regularly to use the points is not worth it. I like how maintenance free my PB account is.

Aiden

@walker1 Sure 🙂 I don’t know why I didn’t tag but only typed out his name instead 

@J_PM I cannot be the only one wondering this so hope you can settle it once and for all

Thanks!

@Aiden 

To get an official answer, maybe you should have tagged J_PM in your original post.  Just saying.

andrewg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd also like to know the official details on the "3x Points-back" bonus

Aiden

I know you are very knowledgeable here and post on RFD as well and likely correct as an Oracle contributor, but would be very helpful to have an official staff confirm that, given this limited time plan was not shared anywhere until someone posted the change plan screen discovery 

Again not doubting your credibility 🙂

There is no 3x points bonus for existing customers. It's only for new customers. The bonus only lasts for 12 months.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Aiden   I was wondering about the points problem too.   I think 3x points only for next customers for 12 months

Need Help? Let's chat.