cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change or remove my debit card

Wanjimike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I prefer not having my debit card information held by any online store, whether amazon, or publics, when it is time to purchase I normally punch it in and when asked to save for future purchases I click NO. I have no problem punching it in every time. 

When i went to pay for my November plan, I realized after logging in the portal had my card number and the "remove card" or "disable" button had disappeared. This means one can only update their card, enable autopay but not remove a previously updated card. I have never missed a payment in the past. This is ransom in my opinion. A customer needs to have the freedom to chose who holds their card information. Has anyone experienced this before?card info publics.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

@gpixel- Whole-heartedly agree. So you wanna be online do ya? Well BE online. Embrace all the online options. esims included. And allow Paypal payments in the account. That would then preclude selling vouchers in the Shop too.

But these things will not happen. I don't think Telus cares at all about this place to spend money on it. That system change was terrible and I hope heads rolled over it but they had to have spent a few bucks on that and now what do they have....many more problems and questions and unintended side effects from customers caused by this terrible system.

Wanjimike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with you. Selling vouchers online would be very good with option to pay with PayPal. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

You can certainly get a CSA to remove all your cc info.

added...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

For this type of request, please direct customers to use the chatbot for the ticket.  Private messaging is only a backup option.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Wanjimike 

maybe purchasing enough vouchers for a couple months of service is a better option if you don't want your CC details online. 

since PM is going 100% digital they could sell vouchers on the website. they can use the same method Canadian cell supplies used and just email the purchaser the voucher/s. plus with the option to pay with PayPal this would be a really good addition 

@J_PM 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Swap back and forth between an empty visa gift card and your debit card each time you want to pay.

I can give you an empty card if you like. So before paying, swap card to real card, pay. swap card back to empty card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With the self serve redesign unfortunately Public Mobile wants customers to keep a payment card on file.  The inconvenience of not being able to remove the payment card makes it difficult to add a card temporarily to make payments.  The account is protected by 2FA login. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Wanjimike yes  you cannot remove it, you can just update it.  If you need to delete, open ticket with CS to help you remove it

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.