cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming

Clfraser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is Public Mobile going to get set up for the ability to add international roaming?  I'm headed to Costa Rica and I've just confirmed that I won't have any ability to add this to my plan which is rather disappointing.

5 REPLIES 5

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Clfraser 

I doubt it because PM would have to setup an agreement with carriers in other countries and this will cost PM…the extra cost will be passed onto customers.

PM is aiming to keep cell service at low cost.

I doubt the issue is PM's inability to garner agreements with other carriers. More likely Telus is simply blocking the service; same as is being done with VoLTE  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Clfraser 

I doubt it because PM would have to setup an agreement with carriers in other countries and this will cost PM…the extra cost will be passed onto customers.

PM is aiming to keep cell service at low cost.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Clfraser 

Public Mobile is a 'no frills' 3rd tier provider of services under the TELUS umbrella, with Koodo being the middle tier.

It's much the same as Roger's Chatr service and Bell's Lucky Mobile.

Services here are based on essential type basis and do not provide nearly all the bells and whistles the higher tier segments do.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Clfraser 

I doubt it as a 3rd tier provider. You can pickup a local sim there and also use Whatsapp.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Clfraser 

Your guess is as good as ours. But probably not, so don't hold your breath.

Need Help? Let's chat.