cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International phone plan

sandeebaker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m heading to Mexico. How do I get an international phone plan?  Can only see US plans…what are the roaming  fees?

6 REPLIES 6

ewelinagrudzien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Text now or a free call and text app is the best option for no cost. Hopefully there is wifi available where you are going.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is NO international PM plan except USA add-ons.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sandeebaker 

if you plan to be in Mx for a period of time, consider getting a Telcel sim and a cheap plan. My plan has unlimited  calling to Mx, US and Canada included for about $17Cdn /  30 days. I have the Friends 200 plan to be able to call home as my Public Mobile plan won't work in Mx.

Otherwise you'd be able to iMessage your friends using free wifi at most resorts and cafes.

Alternative is to use free voip app such as TextNow.

https://www-telcel-com.translate.goog/personas/telefonia/amigo/paquetes-end/paquetes-amigo-sin-limit...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@sandeebaker If your phone supports it, use an esim and buy a data only plan (I use Airlo) for the time you are there. Get a free number from textnow or some other provider and you can call to from home.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sandeebaker 

Public mobile does not offer international roaming except for USA.  Your public mobile service will not work in Mexico.  You could purchase a local SIM when you are in Mexico.  Probably the cheapest that way. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sandeebaker @Pm roaming is only for USA

edit your best to get a local SIM card in your destination for the duration 

Need Help? Let's chat.