cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incurring Long distance charges from land lines

CYNDER
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cell phone is incurring, long-distance charges or blocking all local landline calls from or to my number. I have reached out and put in a ticket a month ago with no response. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

4 REPLIES 4

@CYNDER wrote:

My cell phone is incurring, long-distance charges or blocking all local landline calls from or to my number. I have reached out and put in a ticket a month ago with no response. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

It doens't make a difference (on any plan) where someone is calling you from.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying that it is the landline that is incurring long distance when they call your cell phone (Title "Incurring Long distance charges from land lines")?   Your cell phone can't be incurring long distance charges since Public Mobile is prepaid.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Define 'long distance', please.

If you are calling number in Canada (anywhere) and you are on any of current plans, all calls are free. $15 plan has a limit of 100 outgoing minutes.

You cannot be charged for Canadian long distance. After using 100 min. ($15 plan) you will not be able to call anybody.

If you have international add-on for certain countries, then minutes will be deducted from your minute allowance.

You might be blocking 'unknown callers' in your phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CYNDER 

PM is prepaid, meaning you won't get extra charge other than your plan charge.  You will need to buy LD addon to use Long Distance call and it won't incur any extra charges if you didn't buy the addon ahead

And incoming calls are free for all plans now, except the really old $13 plan

yes, you need to submit ticket with CS agent, did you check the inbox on Community (envelope on top right) ?

Submit ticket again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.