cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Receiving of text messages

ballos56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll try and be as specific as possible here,

Been a client with public mobile for almost 6 years now. About 6 months back I started having issues with my text messages. I can send them just fine, but receiving them is basically a 75/25 split for not receiving anything back.

No idea what changed with the carrier or if its a public mobile issue but something broke and was never fixed?Phone has been the same the whole time, no issues there.

Whats weird is I can perfectly receive 2FA codes from services I use. Its just receiving texts from any other personal number. including other public mobile clients. I've tried most of the basics already, clearing app data, rebooting phone, checking airplane mode. I did some testing with the APN's but not much.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

ballos56

Well texting has worked flawlessly since I contacted support + updated my APN settings.

Name: [whatever]
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN type: default,mms,dun
APN enable/disable: APN enabled  (greyed out)
APN Protocol: IPv4
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

These were the settings I used for my APN. (asus Zenfone 8 )

ballos56

Update here: Reached out to support and had them reset some things in the background as per Hndy1's suggestions.

Also received a message from another user recommending some APN settings. Not sure if it was one of these or both but I now see to have them flowing normally again? cause I had definitely tried these APN settings before to no avail. but oh well. just glad its working now, just hope it sticks.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Guess it helps to pester support lol.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @ballos56 

Can you try something for me. I know this will sound weird but you know, everything is all about trial and error sometimes. Can you and any one of your family members go into your network settings, turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile. Then reboot. Test your texting and MMS and see if this solves it. I bring this up because I feel that sometimes when our phones bounce off other service providers whether we have an "agreement" or not, I feel they sometimes go Missing In Action. 🙂 

ToshPuppy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

It sounds like a frustrating issue, especially since your 2FA codes are coming through but not personal messages. Since you've already tried some of the basic troubleshooting steps, here are a few additional suggestions that might help:

1. Check Message Center Number: Ensure the SMS message center number in your phone’s settings is correct. You can usually find this in your SMS settings or by contacting Public Mobile for the correct number.

2. Network Settings: Since you’ve already experimented with the APNs, double-check that all settings are correct according to Public Mobile’s specifications. Sometimes the issue can be related to incorrect or outdated APN settings.

3. Test with Another Device: If possible, test your SIM card in another phone to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with the SIM card or the phone.

4. Contact Support: If you haven’t already, try reaching out to Public Mobile through their support channels or the Community Forum again. Providing them with detailed information, including your troubleshooting steps, can help expedite the resolution.

5. Escalate the Issue: If regular support channels aren’t helpful, consider asking for your issue to be escalated to a higher level of technical support.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue. Good luck!

ballos56

Thanks for the reply, I'll try opening a ticket here and see where that takes me. If that gets this resolved ill mark your reply as the solution here and we can close this thread.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ballos56  Can maybe ask support to refresh  your account and cross your fingers it works 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1723249294579.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.