cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls

Deidria
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone else having problems with most incoming calls automatically going to voice-mail?

Most of my calls are set in contacts, and some aren't, but most are going straight to voice-mail. Brand new phone, no my do not disturb is not on, and no the numbers are not blocked

8 REPLIES 8

Deidria

Thanks.... I did notice that it was set to automatic, I'll try that.

Deidria

No outages at all, and outgoing works perfectly and so does texting

Deidria

No, my block is not on, and the main person it keeps throwing to voice-mail is my mother and her number is programmed into my phone

Deidria

No, I've been with pm for almost 3 years with the same phone number

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Deidria 

Check to see if there are any outages in your area. Refer to outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

OH. Another thing is that I just experienced recently myself. I have the iPhone and I went into my settings so I can block unknown numbers. That seemed to send a lot of peeps over directly to my voicemail including my doctors office. You may wish to check if that is set up. If it is, remove it. I know it will suck getting calls from unknowns but... eh.... 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deidria 

Is there any chance that you recently ported over a number? I know some other members have run into a similar issue when their port was incomplete. Can you make outgoing calls and texts? 

If you did recently port the number, did you respond “yes” to a text sent to your old SIM authorizing the port to take place? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This is worth a shot. Try going in to network settings, turn off automatic and then pick Public Mobile then reboot. And then ask a person who's call went to voicemail to try calling you back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.