cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of subscription

Sing1995
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

My name is Sing. I purchased the e sim on Aug , 27, 2023 but I no longer need it as I'm currently in Ireland and there is no public mobile service here. Thank you so much! 

Sincerely,

Sing 

5 REPLIES 5

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you can call a North American toll free number from there (or use a voip app as mentioned) then call 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number and get your renewal date. My guess would be it will say Sep 27 2am. On the afternoon or evening eastern time (important for you to be aware of) before midnight on the 26th, log in to your credit card account that you used for here and put the account on hold. Then the next day before say noon eastern time release it. That will stop the renewal payment from happening. The account will suspend. Then 3 months later it will disappear.

@Sing1995 

How long are you staying in Ireland?

You might have to wait until you return to disable Subscribe to cancel your account or you can port over to another carrier once your return.

Try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and see if you can disable AutoPay/Subscribe but you will need your security PIN to proceed.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sing1995 

If you are in Ireland, I'm not particularly sure why you purchased it. The bad news, Public Mobile is a pre paid service. There are no refunds so you will be out the funds for whichever account you picked. If you didn't pick an account yet, and haven't entered any credit card information, I wouldn't worry about it and wait till you get back to Canada to use it.

While your there, you could download Fongo VOIP app and pick a local number to where you live in Canada so you can call back to your friends and family using free WiFi where you are. Just a thought. Enjoy the trip!

If you have a subscription, reach out to a CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sing1995
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_20230902-171757.png

 i can't access my account as this keeps popping up to verify my phone number with public mobile. However, as I'm in Ireland, I don't get any text message so my phone number cannot be verified. Could an agent help me with this to cancel my subscription from their end? Thank you so much! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sing1995 

just login to My Account, go to Payment , Manage Subscription and disable Subscribed there to disable Autopay.  Account will then be suspended after this cycle and will be closed after another 90 days

Need Help? Let's chat.