cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls from international numbers

qasimiqbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I activated a new public mobile sim in Feb ‘23 and haven’t been able to receive calls from my home country, Pakistan. Works fine within Canada but no luck receiving calls from Pakistan

16 REPLIES 16

qasimiqbal

Tried receiving calls from different providers as well but still no luck

@qasimiqbal  again, and important test is to ask  couple friends in Pakistan  with different providers (landline, mobile line, etc) to make the call and test

qasimiqbal

Most of the times, I'm able to get incoming calls just fine. Will try the sim option to see if it makes a difference.

qasimiqbal

Sent a message to CS agent privately. SIMon is pretty useless in my situation.

qasimiqbal

Interestingly, my friend with a public mobile number is able to receive calls from Pakistan

@qasimiqbal   are you getting other incoming calls without problem?

usually if incoming calls, it doesn't matter it was called from Canada or internationally. 

But try that, put your sim card in another phone, this will for a sim reprovision and see if it solves your problem.  I suggest you ask not just one but multiple friends from your home country to call you. Better your friends use a different providers there to really test it out.  And if it does not work, please ask those friends what error recording they got.  Was it just busy tone? no tone and hung up? or some error codes

If that still does not work, then it is a really strange issue and worth a look from Public Mobile support to confirm if your account was setup properly

qasimiqbal

This is the first time someone from Pakistan tried calling me. Works fine on other PM numbers that my friends have here in Canada

qasimiqbal

I know and it doesn't make any sense

qasimiqbal

Dialled correctly but there seems to be an issue particularly with my PM number

qasimiqbal

Tried all the suggested options but it doesn't work. Strangely, had my family call another PM number in canada and it works.just fine.

HI @qasimiqbal   call your friend, make sure he dials this way

00 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@qasimiqbal 

with your active Public Mobile account, you'll be able to receive calls from anywhere on planet Earth. Problem is...the caller might not be able to call your Cdn number from their home.

Maybe he's not dialing correctly too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @qasimiqbal  there is no difference a call made from Pakistan or here in Canada

first check if you can receive calls from your friends in Canada

If you can, it is a problem on your friend in Parkistan, make sure he dial your number correctly.  Ask him how he made the call, what numbers he put in

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have they ever been able to call you? We should all be able to receive calls from anywhere. But maybe the caller can't call to here.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Could somebody else receive these calls from Pakistan?

Do they dial all numbers required for Canada and your number?

Do you have any other number they can try to call (work, friends)?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qasimiqbal  That’s odd maybe ask support to investigate 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.