cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging within Canada

Kered31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $15 plan

Just noticed that the unlimited Canada wide texting wording no longer exists.  Just says unlimited international texting.  Beneath that there are numbers - used on the left and numbers not used on the right with a negative.   i.e.   7 used     -8 not used.

Wondering if I still have the Unlimited Canada wide texting?.  Looking at other plans, I see the Unlimited Canada wide texting phrase is still there.  Concerned that when the -8 becomes 0 there will be an additional charge.

8 REPLIES 8

@Kered31 wrote:

Just says unlimited international texting

This is something that has been mentioned to Public Mobile several times, and unfortrunately, the inaccurate wording was never corrected. 

@funpig1 wrote:

@Kered31 

Just send a text to a friend and ask them to text you back. If it works, you are fine. If it does not, contact an agent to fix.

When testing text message servcies, a customer can send an outgoing text message to the same phone number as it's being sent from.  This would be better for troubleshooting becasue texting a friend would unfortunately introduce a new variable.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kered31 

Just send a text to a friend and ask them to text you back. If it works, you are fine. If it does not, contact an agent to fix.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ignore those numbers. Most likely PM is using out-of-box software so it has this counter.

ALL PM Plans have unlimited SMS in/out.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kered31 

All old $15 3G plans which has 250mb 3G 100 outgoing Canada minutes and unlimited incoming minutes and unlimited international message inclining messages within Canada

some old $15 plans show message counts by negative numbers and some others don’t have this message count

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kered31 as long as you do not change your plan you should continue to have unlimited Canada-wide calls and text.

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ignore the negative number. It is unlimited, just a way PM shows How many you used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.