Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update: eSIM QR Code Now Included in Activation Summary Emails

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're happy to share some news that aims to make your eSIM installation process smoother and easier. As of June 15, we've started including an eSIM QR code in our activation summary emails.

Why does this matter?

If you encounter any difficulties downloading your eSIM during activation in the app, you now have a quick and easy solution - the QR code provided in your email. To effectively use this feature, open the email on a different device so that you can scan the QR code with the phone you want to use for your Public Mobile service. This lets you download your eSIM directly, and once done, you can log back into the app as an existing user. 

This enhancement is part of our ongoing commitment to streamline our services and provide you with the best possible experience. 

Stay tuned for more updates,

The Public Mobile Team

121 REPLIES 121

drsihaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please also send the QR code by email to customers who switch from a physical SIM to an eSIM. @Ck_PM 

@Nadeem1972 have you already been charged on your credit card ? If so please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nadeem1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

App downloaded on her phone there is not option to activate

@Nadeem1972Download the app on her phone and activate on her device 

Nadeem1972

I did not received QR code email

Nadeem1972

I wants to activate e sim on my daughter phone. I log in or started process at my phone. Now when I log in account 

nasharif205@gmail.com e sim setup startup at my phone but I wants on my daughters phone. What I should do now?

Poco605

I had the same problem.  You can't activate because the app thinks that your phone isn't compatible, but you can't get the esim qr code util you activate.  I had to cancel and start again with a regular sim card.

Nocall

Contact support. I did get the QR code but no QR reader I tried would work. Not sure why they are promoting it when it seems buggy.

But first ensure your phone is compatible.

GERMARINE

I have just ordered an eSIM with a plan but got no QR code in the email. It ONLY says that your app is needed to activate but it's not working. How can I get the QR code which is the general accepted method to activate esims by all phone manufacturers? If you don't send it or doesn't work, how can I get refunded?

@Dimarco_Ash  do you have a physical SIM card in your phone and not eSIM ? That could be reason you didn’t get QR code . Also each account needs its own email and only one phone number per account. So your sons phone must have different emails then yours 

Dimarco_Ash

I ordered one from Amazon for $4.99

Dimarco_Ash

I just bought one for $4.99 on Amazon 

Dimarco_Ash

I have never received a QR code and I pay for 3 separate accounts for myself and 2 sons. All login emails are attached to one account but I have also checked each individually and still nothing 

buddshek

can’t install esim. No code no email 

Poco604

How do I get the app to activate me and send me the QR code even if it thinks I don't have a compatible phone?  I have an esim sim card and can install esims, but the app refuses to let me continue.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

e-SIM is now available to both New Activations and Existing Subscribers of Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/eSIM-now-available-for-new-amp-existing...

'Buy a Physical SIM Card or Activate e-SIM'
https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/purchase-sim

Priority

Soon, very soon. It's one of the most asked questions amongst The Community. 

Users really want the feature for existing Accounts. (I am one of those users 😄)

Priority

$4.99 on Amazon, directly from Public Mobile with 1-2 Day Prime Delivery. 

Once it arrives you can contact Customer Support to have it updated manually if you can't switch from e-SIM to Physical SIM in the Activation Process.

Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone - (Universal/SmartPhones), Packaging May Vary https://a.co/d/4wCOnau

@huifenCai  Be quicker and faster to order one from Amazon and there on sale there right now $4.99

Nocall

I went to the Telus store and got one for $10.00. PM reimbursed me by a credit.

huifenCai

Hi, Public Mobile Team:  I am a new user, after I just paid my plan and sucessfuly download QR, the system said my iphone 14 is not match the esim, so I would like o order a physical sim card online, but I can not find the order page, the system asked me login times and times. Could anybody help me? Thanks!

Priority

Check out my post for a full e-SIM Installation process and setup.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/e-SIM-Activation/m-p/1020154

@Circus  There a hope existing account will be able to have eSIM soon . pM is working on it 

Priority

I have 3 e-SIMs on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra from Public Mobile, and than the 4th from Bell. 

I just broke my screen today, and upgrading isn't an option for me since I need those e-SIMs since they can't be transferred to a new device.. I'll be using my Broken screen till its worse or not working than repair it if Public Mobile doesn't offer a 'Transfer e-SIM' or switch to e-SIM for existing customers for me to upgrade before that. 

Priority

Bell has an option to 'Recover a Deleted SIM' within their app, and it allows you to restore Service to your old e-SIM or SIM Card for any reason of deactivation. 

This is a decent feature Public Mobile could add, right after they add the 'Add Funds with Card' and 'Account PIN' back to New Accounts. 

Priority

Working in Device Sales, I can confirm Samsungs do hold their Value. 

A few weeks ago I sold a 128GB Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra in New Conditions for $750 with my included Warranty + Guarantees. 

Priority

Samsung Galaxy Smartphones sold 2020 and newer all support e-SIM. 

If you go into settings and about, if there is two IMEI Numbers, than your phone is indeed compatible with e-SIM. 

Jamesc1969

good thing i hsve a sim for my second phone, my samsung galaxy s20 doesn't support esim to the best of my knowledge

@softech and @Priority  i sure hope not . I like apple because it easy to sell a 1 year old iphone each year . Then. 3 year old android that you can’t even give away . So to me it’s cheaper to buy new each year and sell the following year for 3/4  hundred off and be done with it . But if it’s eSIM only then PM can’t even help existing customers with eSIM . And still charge you extra even if they can help existing customers . Is a real disappointment . Just like the new cars today that are basically computers that will do the driving for you and taken away the naturally aspirated. Good feeling cars of yesterday . The worlds becoming more restrictive boring and costly 

@Priority  I am not sure about Samsung making this push, I double S24 will be eSIM only

But yes, next iPhone is pretty much a sure bet for eSIM only in Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.