Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Update Regarding Recent SMS Notifications

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community,

On October 1, you may have received a text message incorrectly stating that the payment information on your account has expired or is outdated. 

We encourage you to visit My Account to verify the payment information on your account is up to date. If your payment information is already up to date, please disregard this message and thank you for being so on top of things.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are investigating this matter to prevent such errors in the future. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

- The Public Mobile Team

21 REPLIES 21

Faustina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why would I buy a voucher or card when I already have an account? Maybe I misunderstood your response. Your solution is to fill up my phone with a pay as you go card??

HI @Faustina1 

Please wait an hour and try again  When you try, try using both Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser and try with Public Mobile app (with Location Permission enabled) 

if same, then buy a voucher from Shoppers drug mart or gas stations and then load the voucher using *611 or My Account

Faustina1

What's happening? Received a message that my account is on hold. I'm on automatic payment and my CC is ok. I had to pay today for my service is to be continued. And paid with the CC that they said was declined. I've been a loyal customer for years and this the treatment I get. Fix this issue!! you're not the only provider out there.  

RebeccaMatthews

This!!!! Thai is exactly what’s happening to myself and my husband. It’s definitely frustrating and extremely inconvenient. Especially given our cell phones are our only lines of communication. 
I'm glad someone else posted this. I just posted it earlier 

Rjmh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is clearly a larger issue.  I suddenly have no text or internet service though phone works.  Account shows subscription active. This is the last day of my billing cycle and my automatic payment has not been taken.  I received the sms saying payment failed.     It clearly did not.  

There are other reports of this issue on your help site.  My wife has twice had this type of service interruption on her separate account.  Your help articles are incorrect.  As my subscription is active.  I have no way to resume service or to make a payment.   These options do not appear when I log in or on my app.  Trying to submit a ticket is frustrated by repeated  disconnects from your bots.     I have now wasted two hours on this issue and seem to have the only option but to check back in periodically to see if your  failed auto payment processing has corrected and service resumed.  

@Rymann wrote:

Received a message that my subscription ended. No changes to my payment method, plan just cancelled. Why?

@Rymann 

Not sure if you are still having issues. 

Sometimes preauthorized payments fail unfortunately.  Are you able to login into your account?  Should be an option to pay now and resume service.  

Rymann

Received a message that my subscription ended. No changes to my payment method, plan just cancelled. Why?

tonisage

Hi, 

Is your card working now?

I was unable to register my new SIM card yesterday due to this, it keeps failing to accept payment with my RBC credit card.

Handery

hi @Nick_II!

Do you provide the services??

Hi @StevenVE9SY 

one more thing to check, go back to My Account using Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser.  Go to Payment , Manage Subscription  and check if Subscribed is toggled on

StevenVE9SY

Yes it is showing the payment on the 26th, and states that my next payment is due October 26. I just went into my rewards just to check the balance that's when I saw the warning at the top that I was not subscribed. Phones both are working. We tested them shortly after we got the message. Did not want to use the points today, just curious and saw the warning. And it shows the new rewards! Just confused. Not hard to due anymore at my age!!

hi @Nick_II , you have service? did you login My Account and it shows your cycle ends Oct 29? If it is , just ignore the text

hi @StevenVE9SY 

you can still redeem your rewards points.  Just go to the rewards site and redeem

but if you paid your account on Sept 26, you shouldn't need to pay now.  check Payment history on My Account, does it how you paid on Sept 26th?

Nick_II

Just got the following texts stating payment not received Sept. 29 and service was not renewed but my service was renewed and system states next payment is due Oct.29.

I will disregard per your notice and I gather there is nothing I need to do.

Public Mobile here. Your payment is due on Sep 29 & there are insufficient funds in your account to renew your plan. To view your upcoming bill, manage yourpayments or sign up for pre-authorized payments, visit https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/, and go to the My Payment tab.

Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. To resume your service, make a payment athttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/

StevenVE9SY

My wife and I just got this today. We payed our account on the 26th of Sept. But now when I go to reward points it is telling me that our subscription has expired. Does that mean I can not use my points should I want to?

this is a common problem.  

To get the service running first, buy voucher from stores and load voucher using *611 or My Account

Amores

I received a message stating that my payment was not processed and declined. Since yesterday, I don’t have service!!! I cant make or receive a call and text!!! My card is totally working fine!!!! I tried to subscribe to a different plan and I am getting a “sorry we are unable to process your payment, please try again later “ response!!!! I tried many times and still not resolved!!! I am also getting a “your service is on hold due to the expiration of your subscription”!!!!! PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!! I AM EXPECTING AN IMPORTANT CALLS!!!!!!!!!! YOUR AUTO REPLY CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN NOT RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!! 

Silv3r

I had 19 dollars on my account then purchased a 20 dollar voucher put it on then purchased a 34 base plan its now saying I'm on hold but my next payment isn't due until Dec 2 what happened to October 

@Amores wrote:

My subscription got disconnected this morning, I don’t have service until this evening!!!!! 

This announcement is about incorrect messages sent to customers.  Your service not working would be a different service issue.

Amores

My subscription got disconnected this morning, I don’t have service until this evening!!!!! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @Ck_PM for clarifying 

And a question with payments, many customers were unable to update payment (got an error message).  This has been an ongoing problem, any fix on the way?

Need Help? Let's chat.