cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to change my plan from a really old plan

rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I'm on the super old 3 month plans,  and I'm thinking of switching to a new plan, however I have a few addons I can't remove.  Can I please get some helps

17 REPLIES 17

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rodjames 

Your plan details would help us give some advice to you such as @AE_Collector 's mention about losing full speed 4G LTE data. I think you understand now that add ons are one time purchases or free gifts from pm (check back in December for possibly more free add on gifts from pm.)

I can't stand Simple--Simon either. This is my method for a quicker resolution time....

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@rodjames 

Can you let us know why removing the add-ons appear to be a barrier to you choosing to change plans?

Just go ahead and change the plan - what's transferrable will move/remain on the new plan - what isn't won't.

@rodjames wrote:

I had to go thru the dumbass chatbot 4 times before I got to a CS Agent DM on here.  It's convoluted and confusing. I appreciate that the "Community" is here to support each other, but when someone has an actual question about an account they are paying for, it should be quite clear how to contact someone.

@rodjames 

I agree, it should be more clear how to contact Public Mobile Representatives_Customer Support (CSA).

Check out the "GET HELP" section at the top of the Public Mobile website, and you can get directed to some helpful articles.

You can also find the Two-Methods to contact CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

I am going to assume that @rodjames maybe is of the impression that add ons are charged for at each plan renewal (monthly if changing to a 30 day plan) as there is no other logic to someone wanting to unload a bought and paid for add on. They are individually bought and available to be tapped into for ever or until they have been fully used up.

pick your new plan and schedule the change selecting “change at next renewal”. Generally do not choose “Change Immediately” as that starts the new 30 day plan right then, charges for the plan right then and tosses out how ever many days you had remaining on your old 90 day plan. No need to contact customer support, just log in to your self serve account and choose “Change Plan”.

Generally you can likely find a better deal on current plans BUT keep in mind your old plan might be 4G data where as all new plans are “3G like speed” even though they are quite possibly running on the 4G network. Most don’t notice the throttled 4G speed at PM but be aware of this.

AE_Collector

@rodjames...nobody here disagrees with you...Simple Simon is a pain in the neck and most of us won't recommend using it except as a last resort. This wasn't one of those times.

You initial question was about removing an add-on if you upgrade to newer plan. There's no need to remove the add-on first. It doesn't cost anything to just leave it. You might be happy you did sometime in the future. I guess we're all confused why you'd want it removed before upgrading to your newer plan.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rodjames 

Public Mobile has no "live" support.  You can open a ticket through the chatbot that authenticates you to your request, or you can send them a direct message HERE.

If the above answers don't otherwise help, post a screenshot like @t_p mentioned (hiding your personal details) and we'll make some suggestions from there.

@rodjames   add-ons will stay on your account and won't be an issue when you change plan.

Which plan are you trying to change to ?  what addon you try to remove?  you shouldn't need to remove any addon when change plan..     

Give us more info and we can give you better help.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rodjames wrote:

Hi I'm on the super old 3 month plans,  and I'm thinking of switching to a new plan, however I have a few addons I can't remove.  Can I please get some helps

@rodjames    Any particular reason you want the add-ons removed?   I think most of us are happy that PM's add-ons remain without expiring (until completely used up) as that provides much better value to customers.   You never know when you might need to use one of those add-ons.

Edit:  Try sending a private message via the envelope icon top right to CS_Agent if you're having issues with the chatbot. 

Still as advised earlier, it's best to change plans at next renewal rather than immediately as PM doesn't prorate.

rodjames

I had to go thru the dumbass chatbot 4 times before I got to a CS Agent DM on here.  It's convoluted and confusing. I appreciate that the "Community" is here to support each other, but when someone has an actual question about an account they are paying for, it should be quite clear how to contact someone.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@rodjames wrote:

@rodjames 

Can you post a screenshot of the Overview page of your account, showing your Plan details with all Add-ons?

That will help us in advising you better. And tell us what new plan you have in mind too.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rodjames 

Has @NDesai or @hairbag1 answered your question?  Feel free to ask for clarifications if there's something we're missing here.  We're users (just like you!) helping out the "community" here so please be nice to us too!  🙂

@rodjames wrote:

STOP SENDING ME TO A GOD **bleep** CHAT BOT..... WHOEVER YOU ARE, QUIT IT

Just ignore it the best you can. Take the info you can use and ignore the rest...🤐

rodjames

STOP SENDING ME TO A GOD **bleep** CHAT BOT..... WHOEVER YOU ARE, QUIT IT

@rodjames....your add-ons will stay on your account until you use them up...even if that takes several months or more.

The only exception to that is the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons...they stay on your account for....10 days.

rodjames

This is the most convoluted and confusing reply by someone trying to help I've ever gotten.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rodjames Which Add-ons do you currently have? One time add-ons will remain in your account even after plan change. If add-ons are attached to your old plan, they will change to what's on the new plan. Plan change can be done directly from your self-serve account. Make sure to change during next renewal instead of change now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rodjames 

the Add-on is will keep in your account,

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

and choose to change at your next plan renewal date.

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.