cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged without authorization, settings have changed on my account without my censent.

szgntpsz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

This month I did not renew my plan (I always pay online manually) because I moved overseas and I was going to cancel my phone number etc. But, when I logged in to my account I realized that a payment is already went through from the my card on file and I am subscripted to auto pay. I never authorized this and I need a refund.

Could customer service help me please? 

14 REPLIES 14

szgntpsz1

Here is the last 12 months history, I alwyas top-up and manually pay from my laptop.Here is the last 12 months history, I alwyas top-up and manually pay from my laptop.

szgntpsz1

As I said, my plan never automatically renewed itself at least more than 6 months (since I remember), I always did payment manually (means I wasn't subscribed for auto-pay). Now the last payment occurred automatically without my authorization out of nowhere, I didn't even login to my account, let alone change any settings.

Also, when I go to manage subscriptions area to remove my card on file, it allows me to change the card info. So, I cant remove my card without placing a new one. 

Thank you

In this case, how can I be at fault and not get a refund as a customer?

@hairbag1 wrote:

on the evening that your plan starts the renewal process, it LOOKS like your plan has hit a disruption and it shows as Suspended.... 

That hasn't been the case for at least a couple of months.  There are no longer any expired or suspended messages during the renewal process.

@szgntpsz1 

on the evening that your plan starts the renewal process, it LOOKS like your plan has hit a disruption and it shows as Suspended....but everything still works. Later on, if there's no $$ in Available Funds,  the process will extract $$ from your on-file credit card that's set to Autopay. If you've manually added $$ into Available Funds before that, the renewal will take your $$ rather than from credit card.

Log in to you account on a laptop and click Rewards > History will show your Rewards you rec'd in the last 24 months, including Autopay Rewards are now referred to as Pre-Authorized Payments.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@szgntpsz1 go to my account portal, payments, manage subscription and turn off the subscription.

szgntpsz1

I submitted a private message. This new design also didn't recognize my previous community account. All of my payment for as far as I remember and what public mobile shows manual payment except the last one. This could be related to the new system I am not sure. I also can not find removing card info as well.

pmbc

@szgntpsz1 Since you've moved overseas, just disable autopay, contact CS agent if they are willing to refund you (be prepared for them saying no) and you should be good to go.  I don't think there is functionality to cancel the account from the my account portal.

HI @szgntpsz1 PM is prepaid and so service will be suspended if there is no payment ontime

isn't that if you forgot payment, you should use Autopay so you don't have to remember?

@szgntpsz1  Then ask supports what’s going on 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

szgntpsz1

But there are many times I forget the do the payment on-time online manually and my service is always cut immediately. So, I did not enable auto-pay because I don't have service during those times.

DDM69

@szgntpsz1 no refunds here.  Public is pre paid. 

So auto pay turned on by itself?  If you haven't been using the service your should submit a ticket to try to get it resolved.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @szgntpsz1   

when you joined, PM has turned on the Autopay automatically (there was warning and you need to agree)

But PM has updated the system this week and could have reapply the Autopay even you have turned off

If you need to ask for refund, please submit a ticket with CS agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and setup the My Account new access and turn it off at Subscription & addon page

pmbc

I'm not sure how autopay was enabled with your card info if you didn't enable it.  Since this is prepaid I'm not sure you will get a refund but give CS Agent a shot and see what they say.

You can send an email directly to the CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is a help article about how to contact the CS Agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@szgntpsz1  Your automatically signed up for auto pay when you first activate your account . You need to go into my account and manage subscription and toggle off the subscribe button 

Need Help? Let's chat.