cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost my SIM card

AleksandrGuseev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've lost my SIM card. Is it possible to get a new one with the transfer of my old number?

10 REPLIES 10

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AleksandrGuseev I can give you a free SIM if you are in east end of Toronto (Markham to Trenton). 

Sunnymeowc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

buy a new sim and tray to login to your pubile acc and try to swap the sim card 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow wrote:

Yes. Get new SIM at retail or on line store and do simple SIM switch through self-service PM account. You will keep your number but do not wait too long (more than 90 days) or your account will be terminated.

How one can lose SIM? SIM usually seats deep into phone...

It can happen. 

Once I used US SIM for my stay in US and when I came back to Canada I couldnt find my SIM. 

That time I was with Telus and Telus store did the swap SIM for free. 

That time I didnt know that it is this easy to change SIM# on file.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@AleksandrGuseev 

Where are you located, approximately. 

AleksandrGuseev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am international student and just forgot mine at home:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

@Meow : My assumption is by traveling. Go somewhere else, remove the SIM and insert a different service. It's a small sliver of plastic that can easily get lost. Off it goes.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AleksandrGuseev be sure to NOT activate the card at a store. Has to be unused to change sim number in your account.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes. Get new SIM at retail or on line store and do simple SIM switch through self-service PM account. You will keep your number but do not wait too long (more than 90 days) or your account will be terminated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AleksandrGuseev   Yes, try to get a replacment one from a Mobile Store.

Once you got it.  Login to My Account, Change SIM Card and pick email as to receive the security code:

E-MyAcc-ChangeSIM-2FA.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Buy one in a store or online and then log in to your self-serve account and use the Change SIM function.

Need Help? Let's chat.