cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transferred the existing number from Rogers to Public mobile but I'm not receiving incoming calls

diarimustafa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred the existing number from Rogers to Public mobile but I'm not receiving incoming calls.

Can someone please help. Public mobile doesnt have anyone to speak to about this

25 REPLIES 25

@Ylesouder 

Landline ports can take up to 7 days to complete. For a status update I suggest you call the telus porting department. I will private message you the phone number. The porting department is open 7 days/week 365/year.

@Ylesouder   if you are porting from Roger Home Phone (landline), it's normal to wait couple days.  It usually would be done within a week.  Since you have submitted for 3 days only, I would wait till Tue or even Wed as Monday is a holiday

It's normal until the port is completed, you won't receive incoming calls on your PM.    But, is your Roger Home Phone still receiving calls at the moment?

Ylesouder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

3 days ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ylesouder : I'd wait another 4 days tops. I don't know if the mods can give you a status update on the progress.

Ylesouder

3 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ylesouder : From what I understand, land line ports can take several days. How long has it been?

Ylesouder

It's a land-line so no sim. My service on the land-line still works and isn't closed. My new cell with transfered number works but I can only receive calls with the land line still.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ylesouder : Did you have active service at Rogers when you transferred? Did you leave the Rogers SIM in the phone to confirm the transfer? Does that service still work? Is that account now closed? Have you restarted the phone with the Public Mobile SIM in?

Ylesouder

I'm having the same problem. Roger's says it's fine on their end and public has to fix it. 

@diarimustafa 

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you can just choose one by using the change number button in your account. If you encounter a problem then you probably have to contact the moderators.

diarimustafa

Thank you so much. Yh I'm better of just getting a number. It's such a hassle

@diarimustafa 

Your rogers account needs to be active to port a number from it. How long has it been since you had service with this number? Unless you really need that phone number you might be better off just choosing a new phone number.

diarimustafa

I would need to top up I think 

diarimustafa

I phoned Rogers and they said the sim was deactivated since January. 

@diarimustafa 

Put your rogers sim back in. If it still works, call the porting # previously given to retry the port. Then you should receive the verification text that you need to reply to within 90 minutes. When your rogers SIM stops working the port is complete.

diarimustafa

No I didn't get any of that 😞

Should I just call the number and try to find out. 

I did call Rogers but they said to phone public mobile. I'll try that number 

@diarimustafa 

The telus porting department handles all incoming ports to the telus family (telus/koodo/pm) if you were porting into (Rogers/fido/chatr) and you have an issue you would call the rogers' porting department. By calling the number they will resubmit the request to rogers for you to get another authorization text sent out to you.

@diarimustafa PM is the lower tier of Telus. You can call them to check if your old number was ported over from Rogers to PM.

Did you get a text from Rogers to confirm that you are porting over to PM? You must have the Rogers SIM in the phone to confirm the text.

diarimustafa

Hello. Why call Telus if I was with Rogers originally?

diarimustafa

No I didn't know I needed to?

@tck wrote:

No I didn't how could you expect me to know that this is required?  Shouldn't this be an easier process?

Canadian carriers got together to come with with this process. The concept of requiring the customer to reply to a text messgae to allow the port out is universal to all of the major Canadian carriers.  Howver, this is a relatively new procedure.

tck

No I didn't how could you expect me to know that this is required?  Shouldn't this be an easier process?

@diarimustafa 

As @kb_mv  suggested if this is the case put your rogers sim card back in the phone. If its been more than 90 minutes call the telus porting department. Check your  private messages ( the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen) for a message containing the phone number.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@diarimustafa wrote:

I transferred the existing number from Rogers to Public mobile but I'm not receiving incoming calls.

Can someone please help. Public mobile doesnt have anyone to speak to about this

@diarimustafa Did you leave your Rogers sim in your phone so that you could reply to the text from Rogers to authorize the port? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@diarimustafa 

Incoming calls are the last to work.  

Reboot, remove SIM card, reinsert SIM card.

It'll come soon.

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.