cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transferred from Fido three days ago. My public mobile account is still not working.

Haiajwbesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone help it’s impossible to talk to a human this is a terrible first  experience with public mobile I already approved the transfer request from my last provider, Fido. It’s been three days and it’s still not 

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate language removed

11 REPLIES 11

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Haiajwbesh wrote:

"TURN ON THIS LINE" is enabled. it says "FIDO" underneath that. 

@Haiajwbesh From the sounds of it you have the FIDO esim turned on.  I would turn that off and go to the PM  esim and ensure the PM esim has "turn on this line" turned on.

Ttech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to install the public mobile app then login and use it to activate.

This worked for me last Saturday. All are automatically configured in iPhone settings.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Haiajwbesh wrote:

If the phone is still connecting to Fido service then the number is still with Fido.

If you started a number port (at Public Mobile) then your number will keep working on Fido for a while. When it won't work on Fido anymore you put in Public Mobile SIM card and restart phone. If your phone is a newer Android/iOS then it will automagically configure itself with the network settings, banner, pushed APN settings, and voicemail when it boots the new SIM card.

CRTC Wireless Code allows a maximum of 10 business days for mobile number ports to complete. Usually takes only minutes or hours for most people, but sometimes some people just have to wait.

An easy way to check number port status is to login to your account at old provider, login to your account at new provider. Only one of them can be "active" service at any given time.

pmbc

@Haiajwbesh So turn on this line is enabled for the PM ESIM?  Is the FIDO one also esim?  Assume that one's turned off?  Or is FIDO a physical SIM in which case I'd remove it.

Haiajwbesh

pmbc

@Haiajwbesh  Are you using an iPhone?  If so, check this,

In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Haiajwbesh

ESIM ESIM ESIM 

pmbc

@Haiajwbesh Are you using ESIM or physical PM SIM?

Haiajwbesh

And I am using ESIM 

Haiajwbesh

No, FIDO asked me if i wanted to port the number three days ago, I said yes, public mobile said "welcome, restart your phone to get started with us!". I restarted three times and its still not working three days later. And to make it worse, there is zero live support offered and I can't even log in to the community page to get help because it sends me a VERIFICATION CODE TO MY PHONE NUMBER THAT DOESNT  WORK

edited by computergeek541: inappropriate language removed

pmbc

@Haiajwbesh Is the old FIDO SIM still working?  If so port didn't complete and you can initiate again from PM.  If old SIM not working either, have you rebooted your phone with PM SIM?  Are you using ESIM or physical PM SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.