cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch subscription for $25 month to $34 month. Will I retain loyalty and referral discounts?

Vizioman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently I am on $25 month plan but with bonuses, I pay $19 and want to switch to Black Friday sale $34 month.

Will I retain my loyalty years and referral bonuses ($6) as well as screamed unused 5 gig data and 1000 international minutes??

6 REPLIES 6

Vizioman

Hi Guys,

I switched to $34 plan/20 gig 5 G.

Advice here is do it ASAP, but choose the subscription renewal option vs immediately.

I thought unbeknownst to me that I had to wait until my renewal date to change but they have two options for you to choose, and you just wait until your renewal and it will automatically be on new plan. My rewards were retained and my 1000 minutes international.  My 5gig data was lost because it did not gel with my new plan.

Hope this helps others.

Hope this helps others.

@Vizioman- Gifted add-ons will stay. You will get any rewards due a couple days later. What you lose is the pro-rated loss of the previous plan.

Vizioman

Thanks for information.

My subscription cycle is currently October 22, 2023 - November 21, 2023.

So I renew on November 21, 2023 and all retained.  If I renew Nov. 20th or earlier, I lose my loyalty rewards and gifted addons?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Vizioman 

you will retain all your current cycle discounts, so long as you make the change on your renewal date versus an immediate plan change.

You will also retain the gifted add-ons, such as bonus data or minutes, or purchased add-on or minutes. (Subject to add-on rules currently in effect)

Public Mobile may try to coax users to switch to public points, don’t ever get caught by that messaging as it is inferior in almost every aspect, especially the loyalty aspect.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vizioman , your old rewards will not change as a result of a plan change.  The reason why the points rewards are mentioned is because that is the current system.  It is not applicable to those of us lucky enough to be on the legacy reward system.  

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there @Vizioman 

You will not lose your current rewards/add-ons if you change your plan. If you were a part of the old rewards program, you will not be switched to the new Public Points program unless you choose to join.

Have a nice day.

Need Help? Let's chat.