cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switched from Koodo Prepaid - now I have 2 phone phone numbers...

KerryK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I swtiched from Koodo Prepaid.  Something in the transfer went wrong...  On my online Public Mobile account it says my phone number is my old Koodo number.  My Koodo account is closed.  But on my phone, I have a new number showing as my phone number and my old number also as a phone number.  I can't seem to figure out how to change this so I only have my phone number that I have had for years...  Ideas?  Also I can't log in on the Public App because it is trying to send a text to this new number and I am not getting it...

4 REPLIES 4

KerryK

I have done that already but I just saw that I can manually type in a phone number under Phone, My Number.  I typed my old number in and saved it.  This seems to have worked...  However, I still can not log into Public Mobile as the text goes to the new number that was created.

hi @KerryK 

when inbound calls come, does your phone with PM sim card ring?  if it is , the porting is completed

And you are using iPhone?  The phone number showing the incorrect one is an iPhone thing.  Usually it would be gone if you remove the old sim card , then Reboot the phone and Reset Networks Settings on the phone 

KerryK

It was active and I did get the help to port number.  On my online account with Public Mobile I was logged in on my laptop and can see my old phone number is on there.  But on my phone it is the new number.  And... I can not log into Public on my phone because its trying to send a text to the new number... So if I accidentally log out of public mobile I can't get back in.  Trying to chat with Help but its hours between messages.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @KerryK 

for porting from Koodo prepaid, you need to ask support agent to help to port.  Did you ask them?

and usually the "from" account should be active, but it is ok if the account is suspended if you are porting from Koodo 

I think you should ask support agent to check and help.  You can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.