Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I registered for a $28 plan and get charge for $35 plan 2 GB + 500MB

Vegepepe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the promotion honored?

12 REPLIES 12

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I did indeed state for the national carriers. Basically, I think that a provider should offer the same price anywhere they offer service. If a provider only serves 1 province, then the price anywhere in that province should be the same. If the provider covers Canada, then they should be the same price across the country. Nowhere did I say a provider couldn't only serve one region.

In Saskatchewan, Rogers & Telus for at least the last decade have offered plans that were generally at least 30% less than the same plans in other provinces in order to compete with the local incumbent SaskTel. I believe there was a similar situation in Manitoba before Bell bought MTS-Allstream... There were shady schemes in the news where people out of province (ie BC/ON) getting onto Saskatchewan plans...

And to date there are many corporations that automatically get 30% off published plan prices through corporate EPP-employee purchase plans... I took advantage of Sask Pricing AND EPP with Rogers before I joined Public Mobile. 😁

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

Pricing by any of the national carriers should be the same coast to coast.

But for as long as there are regional providers, do you think national providers should not be able to compete? Maybe not the Walmart soul-crushing competing but if a regional provider is gonna put on a special to entice customers might that not be reasonable for other providers to compete? If even only just their low-budget brands.

I did indeed state for the national carriers. Basically, I think that a provider should offer the same price anywhere they offer service. If a provider only serves 1 province, then the price anywhere in that province should be the same. If the provider covers Canada, then they should be the same price across the country. Nowhere did I say a provider couldn't only serve one region.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

Pricing by any of the national carriers should be the same coast to coast.

But for as long as there are regional providers, do you think national providers should not be able to compete? Maybe not the Walmart soul-crushing competing but if a regional provider is gonna put on a special to entice customers might that not be reasonable for other providers to compete? If even only just their low-budget brands.

BasesLoadedWalk

@srlawren wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I thought regional pricing was made illegal a few years back by the CRTC.

@BasesLoadedWalk it sure would be great if they did that.  However, they have not.  If you can find a clause or even a news article that suggests otherwise I would very much welcome being wrong, but to the best of my knowledge nothing prevents this.

No, after some digging, you are indeed correct. I can't think of what it was that made me think regional pricing was stopped and made illegal. I however think it should be ended by the CRTC. Pricing by any of the national carriers should be the same coast to coast.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk it sure would be great if they did that.  However, they have not.  If you can find a clause or even a news article that suggests otherwise I would very much welcome being wrong, but to the best of my knowledge nothing prevents this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Vegepepe 

If you dont see the promotional discount added to your account within the next 72 hours send a message to the moderators to add it. It will appear in your account like this.....

Screenshot_20210118-113917~2.png

If you use the private messaging option include a detailed message and the following information :

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours however they have been very busy lately.....so it could be a much longer wait than usual so try and be patient with the moderators. They should be able to perform your request without waiting for a reply from you first.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I did just that, but I still thought the CRTC made regional pricing (different prices in different provinces) illegal in the last Wireless Code of Conduct.

as far as I know, there is always regional pricing.. not just PM but with other Providers, too

BasesLoadedWalk

I did that, but 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk....

Change your province to Quebec and you'll see the offerings in La Belle Province are somewhat different than mine in BC.

I did just that, but I still thought the CRTC made regional pricing (different prices in different provinces) illegal in the last Wireless Code of Conduct.

@BasesLoadedWalk....

Change your region to Quebec and you'll see the offerings in La Belle Province are somewhat different than mine in BC.

BasesLoadedWalk

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Vegepepe wrote:

The $28 plan is available only in Quebec. If you're somewhere other, you'll get the $30 plan plus taxes !!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Vegepepe wrote:

The $28 plan is available only in Quebec. If you're somewhere other, you'll get the $35 plan plus taxes !!

edit...$35 plan

BasesLoadedWalk

I don't think there is a $28 plan. Also, if there was a promotion, they will credit you back the savings in 24-72 hours usually.

Need Help? Let's chat.