cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving from koodo to public

Tonykl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have registered for Public, created and account and am awaiting a physical sim to arrive.   When I get the sim and move the number to public will I have to contact Koodo for anything furthur.  It appears that Koodo wants to charge a service charge just for talking to a rep, and the info on Koodo is a little confusing, the first sentence says the change over will be automatic, the next sentence says that if changing from Koodo to Public .. have to talk to a rep. ???????  Please advise. T.

------------------------------

If you’re currently a Koodo Prepaid customer and want to move your number to a provider within TELUS, we’ll automatically move your Koodo service over, so you can enjoy a smooth transition to one of our sister brands – even if your account status is expired. You’ll see the shifting without doing the lifting!

Just so you know

•  

• You’ll need to contact Customer Service for assistance, if you’re switching to Public or if your account status is in any other suspended state, such as blacklisted (fraud), lost, or stolen

4 REPLIES 4

Tonykl

great thanks!

Tonykl

most excellent! thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tonykl , number transfer is generally a "pull" process with actions initiated on the receiving carrier end as a self serve function.  In case you are currently a Koodo prepaid customer, you will not be able to submit a number transfer yourself.  You will need to contact Public Mobile support to do the number transfer.  In no instance is there a need to engage Koodo support.  You will not incur any fees associated with the number transfer. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Tonykl 

if you are with Koodo postpaid, you don't need to contact Koodo

after you have the sim, download and login PM sim to complete the activatoin

then put the Koodo sim back , Koodo will send you a porting authorization text and you just reply yes to approve the port.  Wati an hour or two , put PM sim in the phone, test inbound calls

Need Help? Let's chat.