cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help paying bill

vaalix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My ex set this  cell phone account up then kicked me out of the house without showing me how to pay the bill.. 

For some reason I can log into this forum but I cannot log into the account to figure out how to pay it.. My bill date is tomorrow.. 

13 REPLIES 13

@vaalix 

The account is in your name so even if you are unsure if the email you think it is isnt correct and you don't know your pin# ( is it the same as your vm pin#?) they aren not dealbreakers to gain access. Get the basics by calling 611.

1. Renewal date.
  2. Amount owing.

You know your full name, former address, phone number and date of birth. Do you know your activation date? You can probably work that out.....Did your ex have a credit card? You were most likely regstered for autopay. If you can approximately work out the length of time you have been a customer you will know your loyalty reward amount. If there is an alternate phone # on file its probably your ex's.The call and text history in your phone will be able to be used for recent frequently called numbers. Talk to family member a few times before messaging the moderators so you even have a family member to back you up if need be......

Go thru the list in my post and try to get as many answers as you can.....is the community account you are using your email address? If so request the email change to be to it if possible. Keep in mind the moderators can send you a password reset. Try it with the email ( the ex's) and see if it works then you can gain access to the account to have access to all the info in there.....it does not contain your dob or your pin #.

There have been similar issues for other customers needing to gain access to their accounts, their kids or late family members.....just be honest and explain your situation its not terribly uncommon.

@vaalix 

Yes just buy yourself another 30 days of service by picking up a voucher to cover your monthly plan cost. Apply it by dialling 611 and the you have 30 more days to sort through the possibilities. You do know that each month of service here is really 30 days so the renewal date will slowly change, it isn’t always the 1st of the month.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vaalix : If you can't wrest control of the account away from her then it might be preferable to abandon it. If you can't access the email inbox to find the welcome email then you can't do much else.

You can certainly keep the account alive by using vouchers and keep using the number until maybe things cool down. But several vindictive actions can still happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : The 4 digit PIN is not needed for vouchers.

vaalix

She paid every single bill we had. Some were in my name such as this cell phone bill. 

I have no idea how she paid it, all I know is she is pissed off and wont help me sort this out and I think I know what email she used on the self serve setup.. I know she did try to change the email because there is some private messages on this forum thing talking about email change but for some reason it won't let me log into the self serve account with the same info I logged into this forum with.. I am almost at the point of just cancelling this bs...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@vaalix 

Did you switch sim card to different phone? Look through your sms messages it should have been the first message you received when you put the sms in. If you use Google messages you may have it backed up as well.

Try to remember if she asked you what you would like for pin. It could have been random or she could pick something.

Do you know how the bill was paid before? Does it come off your credit card? 

@darlicious   just to confirm, do we need our account PIN to pay by voucher (or credit card on file)  on 611? 

@vaalix 

As long as you know the info on the account you can contact the moderators and have them change the email on the account to yours you just have to be able to answer some of the extra verifiers.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less if there are new trainees. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

vaalix

The ex set up the account in my name with her email.. The self serve is setup with her email. She wont transfer the account to my email or tried to and this forum thing was transferred to my email but the self serve email is still tied to her .. I have no pin or access to her email for this account. I am just trying to pay the bill and transfer the email to my email so I can eventually log in and pay the bill

@vaalix 

Vouchers purchased at 7/11, SDM, London Drugs and Shell stations are all immediately valid and loadable onto your account via 611 on your phone. Dial 611 then press ( 1 ) and ( 1 ) again and then enter the 12 digit pin code. Once added successfully you will recieve a text from pm telling you that you have successfully added funds.

More user driven info can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@vaalix 

To gain access to your self service account, your user id would be the email address that was chosen on activation of account.  If you know the email address, then you could reset the password. You should have gotten a welcome email when you first activated. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

(Check your junk folder)

You could also dial 611 on your phone to do some basic account tasks, but you will need to know the PIN (again chosen when you activated your account).  You would also have gotten a welcome text with the PIN.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

If the above suggestions don't work, you will need to contact moderator

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators will take a few hours to respond. 

You could purchase a payment voucher in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies).  The load the funds via 611. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vaalix : You can use the 611 service to redeem vouchers. You can buy vouchers from many stores or a couple online. You can also use the Instant Top-up in a few stores.

So there's no payment card registered on the account? Or it's the ex's?

So you don't have access to the email inbox that the account uses?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Have you setup your Self-Serve account yet?

Check your email account to see if you have received any welcome email.  If so, that email address would be the username for the Self-Serve

Then  use Forget password to reset the password.

In fact, even you don't know which email you used, you might want to try Forget password to try with ALL your email addresses to see which one get the reset password link.

If you are certain you have not created a Self-Serve account yet, you can create one via the site.  If you can go through and create one, that's good.  If not, it will tell you that your phone number already tied with a Self-Serve account

Once you got in Self-Serve you can then confirm if a credit card is setup there.

Need Help? Let's chat.