I'm not getting notifications for my voice mail on my PHONE 13 Pro

rockinbruce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not getting notifications for my voice mail on my PHONE 13 Pro

19 REPLIES 19

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rockinbruce   this could be a known issue with the iOS update according to another post on Koodo (Koodo and PM shares the same Telus network)

Callback from senior tech said it’s a known issue with latest IOS update, and Koodo has reported it to Apple. Hopefully, next update will take care of it.

https://community.koodomobile.com/other-80596/not-getting-voicemail-notification-7816459

At this point, we are uncertain if this is really an iOS issue or PM issue.  I suggest you to open ticket with PM support, tell them some Koodo senior tech mentioned that it is an iOS issue and see if the PM support can escalate and confirm

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

look i am talking 100% true ok, why for other getting the badge maybe old device not new or i don't know.

if apple and carrier don't know to fix it how i will know ... maybe you know better and you have to know more. 

@LoveNature wrote:

@softech 

for badge notification red dot not getting for Voicemail because PM does not support visual voicemail,

@LoveNature   if that is true, then everyone badge should not be working, but why some people still have the badge working then?

LoveNature

@softech 

for badge notification red dot not getting for Voicemail because PM does not support visual voicemail, but my Voicemail is working when i press the call to Voicemail, but not getting any red dot on Voicemail and not on badge notification.for getting a new Voicemail. 

how to fix it i don't know and to go to carrier or apple they saying carrier and go to apple they saying carrier not offer the future for PM does not support visual voicemail, but when i did tested bring my friend other SIM card for Telus/Rogers/Bell/Freedom,, is working fine.

so why is working with it them ? because is support visual voicemail,

i don't think so is issue by iOS, they issue carrier not offer the future for visual voicemail,

@LoveNature   

The link was my reply.  That was the same discussion, I was telling you that we are troubleshooting simply a "badge notification" issue , which has no relationship with Visual voicemail

Also, OP post was:

I'm not getting notifications for my voice mail on my PHONE 13 Pro

no word about "badge notification for the Visual Voicemail". So, while you are correct about the fact that no Visual Voicemail here, maybe you are on a different topic, similar but different

Again, this is a topic that comes up a lot lately.  

One thing, @esjliv had the correct observation,  many PM users still have the badge notification working in this "no visual voicemail" carrier.  What we are facing today is that some complain they don't see the badge they want when voicemail comes in. Some of these complains from newly joined and they were upset as they have it working in the old carrier.  However, some have the badge working before and suddenly broken. 

Checked around, it could be a non-iOS issue as it seems like we saw some users have the same "badge notification" issue on Android.   We might easily jump into conclusion that it is a carrier issue (PM's issue), but look around different forums, iOS users from other carriers also have the same complains.  So, it is hard to say if this  "badge notification" issue is an PM only problem or not

LoveNature

Hi @esjliv 

please review this poster and you will get a answer.

Re: Voicemail notifications are no longer working ... - Page 2 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@hTideGnow 

for badge notification for the Visual Voicemail  i am talking about it.

@LoveNature wrote:

Hi @hTideGnow 

i did open a Ticket ID with PM and PM send to IT Tech Telus open new Ticket ID with apple IT and no solution for this issue, last Monday get again said that PM does not support visual voicemail,

i know you not believe it but why not to try to open ticket to confirm it..

i hope it's nothing to do with visual voicemail, but is it...  and for @Lieux  can be ask agent @Andu_S 

was told me those info ... so how is said by @Lieux  to Reset the voicemail with the agents is fix it , sorry but that  is not incorrect info. or maybe Lieux has old device apple maybe is getting, as we posting before for same issue, i try to fix it but there no solution.

@hTideGnow  

Please don't not bother me anymore for same question it's annoying..

@LoveNature 

Ideally, if you have unheard messages, you will see a red badge on the Voicemail icon. If you are missing your Voicemail icon, you won’t be able to use Visual Voicemail. So, if the badge isn't there Visual Voicemail won't work...which doesn't apply to PM anyhow.

Are you saying a CSA said the reason the voicemail badge is not showing is because PM doesn't support visual voicemail? 

What about those iphones that DO show the badge; how is that explained then? I'm confused. I understand these things are related, but they are not the same thing, right?

HI @LoveNature   I just find it interesting you keep referring to Visual Voicemail when the question was not about that.   PM was correct that there is no Visual Voicemail here, but we are talking about badge notification.

@Lieux  did you also opened a ticket with CS agent on the badge topic? 

LoveNature

Hi @hTideGnow 

i did open a Ticket ID with PM and PM send to IT Tech Telus open new Ticket ID with apple IT and no solution for this issue, last Monday get again said that PM does not support visual voicemail,

i know you not believe it but why not to try to open ticket to confirm it..

i hope it's nothing to do with visual voicemail, but is it...  and for @Lieux  can be ask agent @Andu_S 

was told me those info ... so how is said by @Lieux  to Reset the voicemail with the agents is fix it , sorry but that  is not incorrect info. or maybe Lieux has old device apple maybe is getting, as we posting before for same issue, i try to fix it but there no solution.

@hTideGnow  

Please don't not bother me anymore for same question it's annoying..

HI @LoveNature   this has nothing to do with visual voicemail

this is about badge red dot

Please check @Lieux image above, we are talking the badge, not Visual VM

LoveNature

Hi @rockinbruce 

don't waste your time, PM does not support visual voicemail, that why is not showing..

@rockinbruce 

you can try youmail for voicemail notifications

youmail.com

@rockinbruce try to open a ticket with PM support and ask them to reset your VM.  As @Lieux mentioned, it could help a little while, but it might not be the ultimate fix

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

rockinbruce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just spent an hour on the phone with Apple Computers about this problem with my IPHONE 13 Pro .... They said the problem is with your cell phone provider.... they can't fix it... So that's all the time I'm wasting  on this problem.... I am getting my voice mail but it's just not showing on my Iphone that there is a message there waiting for me.... Too bad... because that function used to work when I first joined 'Public Mobile'...  Thanks for all of you that tried to help...

Bruce

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rockinbruce 

Not having this issue on my iPhones. Updated to iOS 16.3.1 today but maybe check the Settings>Phone>Notifications>check to see if Allow Notifications and Badges and enabled.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @rockinbruce  Yes, there are many posts on Apple Community too.  Check there as well

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@rockinbruce  Unfortunately this is a problem since few years with different companies not just Public mobile. We have all this problem with our phones at home. You can google it. I still have no solution for this problem. Reset the voicemail with the agents helped a little. We have a red dot on th phone application now if we still have a voicemail message.23E5B728-397C-4CE2-9C9E-E28FE2FF2729.jpeg

Edit you can try your Sim in an older phone, I tried in an IPhone 6S and I received the dot notification for the voicemail messages.🤷‍♀️ 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rockinbruce  Is you iOS at 16.3 

adding just checked mine latest is now 16.3.1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rockinbruce   this has been a mystery, it probably not just an issue for iPhone , but could be a PM issue

But first, start make sure your iOS is updated.  Also, update your Carrier profile.

You might want to try "Reset All network" and see if the notification starts working.

If nothing works, you might want to open ticket with PM support and they can try to reset your VM from the system  side

Need Help? Let's chat.