cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no service all day today? what is going on?

oldmanpar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why do I have no service?  It is been that way all day?

33 REPLIES 33

@cjvg wrote:

what is the stolen phone trick by the way

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

cjvg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what is the stolen phone trick by the way

cjvg

yes

cjvg

I have tried the auto load of $1 and the @modertor.  The stolen phone, call in do you suggest? I wondered about buying a new sim card and setting up a new account, or moving to another provider.  This has been going on awhile...

@cjvg 

Did you try the lost stolen phone trick yet?  

You could also try another trick:  manually loading $1 to your account.  Sometimes that resets your plan.

These two tricks are commonly used to restart and troubleshoot plans.  

@cjvg wrote:

No moderator response since tuesday and no service since sunday.  I will move providers.  My experience with public mobile has been very unsatisfactory.  I am aware that public mobile has a problem with auto payments, the payment is made, I have paid for it, but the system does not allocate this as a regular mothly activation to the phone.  Unfortunate glich that will result in users such as myself moving providers.

Hi @cjvg 

If it has been 48 hours with no response please respond again to the last message you received and asked for a status update. 

Are there any @CS_Agent members who give an update on the status?

Thanks

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@cjvgI am sorry to see you have issues. Have you consider filing a complaint with CCTS? The link here for information.

cjvg

No moderator response since tuesday and no service since sunday.  I will move providers.  My experience with public mobile has been very unsatisfactory.  I am aware that public mobile has a problem with auto payments, the payment is made, I have paid for it, but the system does not allocate this as a regular mothly activation to the phone.  Unfortunate glich that will result in users such as myself moving providers.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

This is the last resort but does the SIM card work in another phone? ie on another phone do you get Public Moble on the top bar?

cjvg

thanks

@cjvg wrote:

Thanks, how do I get another moderator, mine hasn't responded in over 24 hours.  Day 4 now without service, bill paid automaticlaly, account authentized

Hi @cjvg 

I know it's very frustrating

I'm not sure how they work but I was told not to send more than one message about a problem as it can create confusion and more people that are involved the more time it can take till they have it all sorted out. 

For now I would assume that they are working on it. Somebody pointed out that if you hit 48 hour mark feel free to ask for follow up or status update. 

@Luddite had a great idea for the backup service if you have access to WiFi, I've been using fongo/freephoneline for over a decade and it is my main line and landline replacement, I found it very reliable (as much as your internet is) If you need sms and call, TextNow is a great option with totally free Canadian number, I have it as a backup solution on my cell.

Hope you have it up and running soon

Hector

did you try pulling your sim card and reinsert it after 30 seconds

Hector

did you try pulling your sim card and reinsert it after 30 seconds

cjvg

Thanks, how do I get another moderator, mine hasn't responded in over 24 hours.  Day 4 now without service, bill paid automaticlaly, account authentized

@cjvg While awaiting resolution, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cjvg

Thanks, I did respond to the link right away, copmleting the authentication link, no response from moderator for over 24 hours

cjvg

I verified the link immediately and have been waiting over 24 hours for a response

cjvg

I did verify my authentity and have never heard back from a moderator

@cjvg wrote:

No service for 3 days, could moderator please respond.  Have authentized link.  Unacceptable service, will switch providers if needed.

Hi @cjvg 

Can you please click on that link and verify your identity. After that you have to respond to the message with the link letting them know that you completed verification, unless moderators have that they cannot proceed. Please do it ASAP.

Thank you

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@cjvgyou mentioned you have " authentized link" but did you use the authentication link? Unless you use it the moderators can't contact you because they can't verify your identity. They might be waiting.

cjvg

No service for 3 days, could moderator please respond.  Have authentized link.  Unacceptable service, will switch providers if needed.

@cjvg wrote:

I have no service as well, for 24 hours after making monthly payment.  Suggestions?

Can you go in your self-serve account and see if your account shows ACTIVE?

cjvg

I have no service as well, for 24 hours after making monthly payment.  Suggestions?

Hector

You are right just no texting, calling works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hector wrote:

This my plan

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$47 per 30 Days

I added the U.S. Text for 10 days which expired today, since then no texting happening.

Ah. This is a known bug. It should work tomorrow. Maybe restart tomorrow.

Edit: but really...you have service...just not texting. Not the same as no service.

Hector

This my plan

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$47 per 30 Days

I added the U.S. Text for 10 days which expired today, since then no texting happening.

@Hector wrote:

I am having the same issue, sent many text and no one has replied and generally everyone i text do respond right away.

@Hector, are you on the $10 plan with limited out-going texting and you've reached your limit ? Check your account to confirm, and let us know.

Good luck.

Hector

I am having the same issue, sent many text and no one has replied and generally everyone i text do respond right away.

Hi @cjvg 

You can try reporting your phone lost/stolen . Go to self-serve chose plan/add-ons, then lost/stolen. 

Suspend your service then log out. Give it  couple of minutes, then log back in and resume the service (same location: plans/add-ons, then lost/stolen) Logout and restart the phone. Apparently it worked for some people

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @oldmanpar 

Could you please let us know if it worked for you?

I've seen at least 4 similar cases today.

Would you also mind sharing what plan are you on?

Thank you very much

Need Help? Let's chat.