cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi If I switch from Telus to Public, can I keep my phone number ?

FLY23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@AngelSalvaje, you sure can.  You will need to port your number in, while it is still active at Chatr.  Call chatr to get your account number, as it is not available via your other options.

AngelSalvaje
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I switch from Chater to Public Mobile can I keep my number.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Before you can transfer your number to Public Mobile, you must have an invitation plus a code and a Public Mobile SIM card. If you do not have the preceding, do the following: Click Order a SIM Card on this site's home page. Another page will open with a laboratory setting and a box in which to enter your email address. In approximately 1 month, you will receive an invitation and a code. Then, after about two weeks, you will receive a SIM card. It is only then that you will be able to transfer your number from Telus.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

Once you have ported/transferred your number to Public Mobile, your Telus account will be automatically deactivated, and any credit card on file with Telus will no longer be charged. There is no reason to call Telus.

In order to transfer your number from Telus, your account with that company must be in good standing. In other words, you must not have any unpaid bills or have your account in suspension.

I hope that this has helped.

eforblue

Do I need to call Telus to cancel my account after I transfer the phone number? 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Most Telus Phone don't need to be unlocked if using on Publicmobile

FLY23

and if so, how to unlock it ?

The phone ID number has been accepted by Public website

Thanks

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@FLY23,

Yes, you can port your Telus number to Public Mobile.

Public Mobile is currently in BETA and they are temporarily accepting new customers only by invitation.

To join the BETA phase, you must register here : http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/beta

You will be contacted by email within a few weeks. Once you receive your invitation code, you will be able to subscribe on Public Mobile and order a free of charge SIM card.

For now, there is no faster way to subscribe on Public Mobile. They are in BETA to make sure everything works perfectly before the official launch.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Of course you can but keep in mind public mobile is in Beta, so they are only taking on clients that are willing to go through the hitches.

Need Help? Let's chat.