cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been shortchanged in my subscription

Henry01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my subscription in February because of an ongoing promo which comprised:

• 50GB Data within Canada and the US at 5G Speed
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada and the US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • etc.

Prior to that I had about an unused 1000 minutes for calls to US from Holiday promos I received from previous years. I have relied on my new subscription package (and of course my unused 1000 minutes) to make calls to the US but to my surprise, after making a call to the US on July 6, I received an SMS that I had 10 minutes remaining in my long-distance add-on. I thought it was an error as my subscription was for unlimited Canada and US wide minutes not to mention of the unused 1000+ minutes from holiday promos. To my disappointment, I found out this SMS was real when I tried to make another call to the US on July 21, and I received another message that I had “no more minutes left on my Long Distance Add-on.” I have not been able to make calls to the US since then. I have been shortchanged and this is completely unacceptable. I have tried to call *611 to lodge this report but there was no provision to speak with an agent in the options provided. I raised this up with TELUS, but they advised me to reach out to you. I am bringing up this complaint to the Community, since this is the only available means, I know, of reaching to you to resolve this before I resort to the CCTS.

I intend to travel to the US, and I cannot use my data there and have to resort to add-on. I want the full features of my subscription to be restored including my unused 1000+ minutes for US calls and to be compensated adequately for my losses and inconveniences.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Henry01 

For the US travel with your Canada-US plan, you said you "intend to travel to US), so you tried and didn't work? did you try all 3 US roaming networks? TMobile, AT&T and Verizon? you changed your network to 4G or LTE for easier connection? and of course, trun on Roaming data on your phone

and since you have Canada-US plan, you should be able to call US even without those holiday bonus addon.  

And the holiday bonus addon, they won't go away.  I still have mind.  Maybe you need to check with PM support agent.

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Henry01  When you log in to your account what plan does it say you have?  At one time a while back there were two plans with 50GB at the same price.  One was Canada-US and the other was Canada only but with unlimited data at lower speed after the 50GB bucket was used up.  Is it possible you accidentally selected the wrong one?  Did you take screenshots (always a good idea) when you set up the change?

You can contact customer service by opening a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page. If that doesn't work then send support a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.