cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a trouble with my service

Tawfik82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all I bought a sim card from public mobile yesterday and I created the account and did everything, the phone and send and receive messages and I can dial out but I can't receive incoming call. Could you please help me

12 REPLIES 12

@Tawfik82 

Could it be that your device is set to do not disturb?

This, in combination with a voicemail possibly not yet set up, mighty yield the results you're experiencing. 

Try setting up voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

You may also try:

1. Take off airplane mode
  2. take off do not disturb
  3. ensure the number calling you is not on blocked senders list
  4. disable any call-forwarding features
  5. turn off Bluetooth device if it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to it instead of device's speakers
  6. remove and replace your SIM card
  7. reset network connections

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tawfik82 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@Tawfik82   Try to open a ticket as what @esjliv  suggested above.

While you are waiting for their reply you can try:

1. Change the network 3G Only

2. Put the new PM SIM in another phone and see if it resolves the incoming calls issue

@Tawfik82 wrote:

The call is going to voice mail and the message said (the customer you are calling is not available please try again later)

@Tawfik82  activating with a new number IS supposed to be nearly instant.

Although, it has happened in the past where it took some waiting.

If you submit a ticket with CSA, I would continue to restart your phone every once in a while, or toggle into airplane mode than back again. 

These actions may retrigger the network and get your number working without any intervention, here is hoping  🤞

Tawfik82

The call is going to voice mail and the message said (the customer you are calling is not available please try again later)

@Tawfik82 wrote:
  • No it's a new number not from other provider and I tried with another phone , same problem can do call but can't receive incoming call

@Tawfik82 

When you try calling the you number, what happens? If it goes to someone else, it may have been assigned to you in error.

The fix for this would be to contact CSA, or you can change your number yourself in your Self Serve account under Change Number option.

OR, are you an iphone user?

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

If neither above is the issue (and other troubleshooting did not help), than I would contact CSA for help.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@Tawfik82   was the call going into voicemail or was it an error recording you hear?

Try to change your network to 3G Only and see if it works

Tawfik82
  • No it's a new number not from other provider and I tried with another phone , same problem can do call but can't receive incoming call

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tawfik82 wrote:

Hi all I bought a sim card from public mobile yesterday and I created the account and did everything, the phone and send and receive messages and I can dial out but I can't receive incoming call. Could you please help me

@Tawfik82 

If this was a new number you activated with and rebooting your phone after activation, or performing a reset of your phone's network settings does not fix the incoming calls, can you try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if incoming calls work then?

Also try forcing your Mobile Connection to the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network on your device (temporarily). Incoming calls work now?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tawfik82 

Did you port your phone number into pm and reply YES to the (PAT) porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving It?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tawfik82   you can receive text but just not incoming calls?

did you request phone number porting?

Maybe try one more reboot.

if you have requested porting, try to call from DIFFERENT providers (Rogers/Bell, etc) and see if it made a difference.   Sometimes with porting, some providers will take longer to find out your number has changed "home"

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try removing and reseating your sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.