cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't receive a 6 digit code for Eversafe

RT11381
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the help yesterday.  I got my daughter's eSim setup and phone number transfered from the old provider.  The eSim works.  However, if I log into PM it wants to confirm full access.  Once I confirm, it wants to confirm my identity by sending a 6 digit code to the phone via SMS.  I waited, but I do not receive any SMS.  Resend only sends another 6 digit code via SMS.  Stuck please help.

11 REPLIES 11

Tris10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was having the exact same problem. My phone is a pixel 4a and it can take two SIMS. I went and put my old Virgin SIM back in my phone and set it to two SIMS in phone settings and then I was able to get the 6 digit code.

Thank you very much for posting.

Cheers!

Muserref

support team is useless. I have the same problem and it has been a day and they are not able to help. The CS rep is stopped responding now. 

RT11381

It turns out my daughter's phone was a dual sim phone.  She had the sim of the original provider turned off.  Once she turned it on, She received the messages from EverSafe.  We were not sure why the EverSafe code was sent to the original SIM and not the SIM of PM, because we have cancelled the the contract with the original provider and switched to PM and transfered the phone number.

HI @Kpk2 

see if you an make it send the code to email

Click "Didn't receive code?" there, and email might be an option

If it is not there, then submit ticket with CS agent :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kpk2

same thing happens to me

@RT11381

glad it works

and turn off the old sim, test calling yourself to see if PM sim rings to make sure the porting is completed 

RT11381

I got it working now.  My daughter's phone is a dual sim phone.  I had the first SIM disabled, this is the old provider.  I only had the eSim activated, this is the PM.  Not sure why when I turned on the fist SIM a flood of messages poped-up from EverSafe.  I was able to text her from my phone with only the eSim activated and the other SIM slot turned off.  Anyway it is working.  Cheers to you all. 😊 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381 

Are you sure your daughter's port is complete? Can you still log into her old account? Does her old Sim card still work ? When you  call her phone and and let it go to voicemail is it her old message with her old provider or the pm voicemail? Or the pm voicemail phone #?

If the port has not completed you will need to reinitiate the port request by phoning the telus porting department and replying YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) on the old Sim card within 90 minutes of recieving the PAT. (Did you reply to the PAT the first time?)

You may be able to initiate the email option for the 2FA code but if you have not completed  your first login via eversafe into the self serve account you will not be granted access to the account until you can recieve and enter the secondary 2FA verification code from eversafe after a successful login. This code is only sent via SMS text to the phone.

Complete the porting process first then if you still have or in future encounter the need to have the 2FA code sent to the email follow the procedure below.....

1. Clear browser cache.
  2. Enter email.
  3. Choose "forgot password".
  4. Reset password.
  5. Enter email and new password.
  6. 2FA code is sent to phone #.
  7. Immediately enter 4 "wrong" 6 digit codes.

This should trigger the email option for the 2FA code to be sent to your email. To trigger the email option after this login you may need to repeat the procedure but you should be able to skip resetting the password and just enter the wrong 6 digit 2FA code 4 times in quick succession when eversafe sends out the initial text code to your phone #. Good Luck.

RT11381

I was using her phone.  I am able to call and text her from my phone.  But I still can't receive a 6 digit verification from PM.  Thanks

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381 

The 2FA code will be sent to your daughter’s phone and not yours if this is the case.

Try clicking on Resend Code and have code sent by calling. That way you can hear which phone the code is sent to.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RT11381  If tapping resend code few times won’t give you option to send code to email Instead . Please submit ticket with  support to help you get things straightened out 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.