cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed plans and lost all discounts?

Twosk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Originally was on the $40 with 5gb data etc. and the same price could get me 15gb so I switched. I’ve been with Public for several years and was receiving loyalty discounts, friend referral discounts and autopay discounts. I was billed for the new plan Dec 1 and didn’t receive any of these discounts. Did I lose them because I changed plans? Is there a glitch? 😞

23 REPLIES 23

Pmob007

Yeah some of the old running discounts would stay there, but they just won’t be compatible with promotional new plans as such! 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Twosk  Did  you schedule a plan change.. or just do it yourself on the renewal date this will clarify things..

Twosk

oh well. I was so excited about all that data I was gaining I guess I wasn’t paying attention to what I was clicking! 

brettster99

@Twosk 

If it shows points, then that means you are on the new system with no way to go back even if it was a mistake/glitch happened. A change of plan would not have done that. You should still submit a ticket to find out what happened but I am afraid that now you are screwed 😭

Twosk

My plan renewal happened to be the first of each month. I chose to renew with a different plan in November but wait until this cycle finished.

Twosk

I don’t think so

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Twosk 

Do you remember going into the rewards system and making the change. There would have been a warning about the consequences.

Twosk

I can’t see anything g but 50 points. 😞 so it looks like I’ve screwed up.?

When you say you "chose to wait until Dec 1" do you mean that was your renewal date @Twosk ?

As PM cycles run on rotating 30-day cycles, the renewal dates will fall back (on average) 1 day every 2 months (given the 31-day months and all...)

It sounds like you may have performed an immediate plan change on December 1st.  Could that be the case?  If so, the old rewards will apply on next regular renewal date.

Twosk

I’m trying to check 

Twosk

I don’t even know. I’m trying to find out. Looks like I may have.

brettster99

@Twosk 

Looks like you are going to need to contact public mobile then, because that should not have happened. Submit a ticket though SIMon or though DM's in the top right corner and create a new messeage and send it to @CS_Agent 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Twosk 

Public Mobile is kinda sneaky.   They use 'creative wording' on their plan descriptions to lure folks to move over to the Public Points system.   If you chose to do so when changing plans, you have lost all your old rewards which apply on renewals and have migrated to the new Public Points system.

Please tell us you DIDN'T do that.   

Twosk

9F636284-8D7E-4118-A039-020FE865A2DD.jpeg

4F2E68DA-0E08-4940-95BB-BBAE7EB5E0C7.jpeg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Twosk 

Did you change to the points reward system?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check your My Account and your My Rewards....are they still there??

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Definitely you  did Not lose your discounts as they are tied up with your Account not Plan.

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Twosk

I chose wait until Dec 1 regular plan renewal date. So waited until nice November plan was done.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Twosk 

If you did an immediate plan change you would have had to pay full price. Your rewards will continue on the renewal date.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you Change plan now or Change at next Renewal ?

If you changed right away...you'll not get any Rewards until next regular plan renewal.

brettster99

@Twosk 

If you changed plans immediately, then you will not get the rewards for that, you would need to have it on change plan on renewal. Just changing plans though would not affect the discounts you would get or opt you into the new rewards system. Check your myrewards to make sure you are still on the old rewards system though incognitio mode.

As for glitches, I don't think this would happen for that, but for a lot of other issues there have been MANY GLITCHES  

Metal1967

@Twosk  When you change plans before your account renewal .. you lose your rewards until next renewal.. nothing can be done..

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Twosk 

If you changed your plan right away and not on your regular renewal date, then rewards aren't applied this time around.  But you'll get them on your next renewal date.  Sorry.

Need Help? Let's chat.