cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant make calls

tonychi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help me, I subscribed to 15 dollar plan for 30 days. I have recently made payment for the renewal of my subscription three days ago and up till now I cant make calls out and I cant receive calls too. I check my balance and I have a credit balance of 15 dollars. please how do I handle this?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Although this may be challenging, stick with it.  Public is great in so many ways.  The community and moderators will help you sort it out.

Welcome to Public Mobile! 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonychi : Right. So you're out of minutes. You can pick up the free 500 minute add-on and the free 2gb data. Then you'll get your 100 minutes back when your plan renews.

Zeddie

If you cannot make or receive calls then it sounds like a sim card issue, as noted yesterday by another poster.  Have you confirmed your sim card is a public mobile sim and that you activated it?  If yes, and you transferred a phone number, it can take a day or so for it to actually transfer, and you would have needed to contact your last provider to have let them know.

tonychi

this is the message displayed, If a feature is not listed above, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonychi wrote:

yes, it's showing a signal, I

will switch it off and on

Maybe you haven't actually renewed. Maybe you're before your renewal. Do you see a line saying minutes of plan under your my data & add-ons on your overview page? Maybe you've used all your minutes. Just adding money doesn't give you more minutes. You could buy the $5 add-on and use those add-on minutes until your next renewal.

tonychi

yes, it's showing a signal, I

will switch it off and on

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @tonychi ,

Do the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1608598699614.png

If so, GREAT, let's keep trouble shooting.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

Let the moderators know about this as well.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to:

Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

@Anonymous wrote:

@tonychi : if you have a registered payment card then try manually adding just a dollar and then restart the phone. Heck, maybe even just restarting the phone.

..you might also want to try power off, take the SIM out for a minute before put it back and powering up

Also, did it show network signal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonychi : if you have a registered payment card then try manually adding just a dollar and then restart the phone. Heck, maybe even just restarting the phone.

@tonychi wrote:

Please help me, I subscribed to 15 dollar plan for 30 days. I have recently made payment for the renewal of my subscription three days ago and up till now I cant make calls out and I cant receive calls too. I check my balance and I have a credit balance of 15 dollars. please how do I handle this?

Is your plan in active status? Based on how there is $15 sitting in your Public Mobile account balance, it sounds as if maybe the plan didn't renew properly.  If you click on the reactivate button (if it's being shown), do your services start working again?

Need Help? Let's chat.