cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login because phone is lost

EmmyH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't login to my account because the device is lost (with the SIM card) and the EverSafe code is being sent to that number.  This seems like a failed system.  Please help me get into my account. 

11 REPLIES 11

@lost_phone 

to order replacement sim card, you might not want to order from Public Mobile site as it could take long for them to deliver.  Better to order from:

lost_phone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

to order replacement sim, and to report old one lost. 

@lost_phone 

what is your main "task" to login My Account?  wonder if we can suggest any workarounds

lost_phone

I tried both of these tricks without success. The OTP trick took me back to email login on 4th wrong code entry 

@lost_phone wrote:

I have this issue also, did CS help you?

@lost_phone 

Yes, CS would be able to help , please message them

And, on the 2FA screen, did you try "Didn't receive code?" and is Send Email and option there?

and you tried the two workarounds above? Reset Password and the wrong OTP 4 times tricks?

lost_phone

I have this issue also, did CS help you?

@EmmyH wrote:

I have tried that and when I click the link it says that there is an error and when I ask to resend code the only options are text or voice message, no email option there.  Thank you though

@EmmyH  I don't think your EverSafe was setup . Try these workaround instead:

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

EmmyH

I have tried that and when I click the link it says that there is an error and when I ask to resend code the only options are text or voice message, no email option there.  Thank you though

EmmyH

Email was not an option only text and voice message.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EmmyH no worry, no failed system. 

If your EverSafe is already setup,   at the 2FA screen, click Resend code and select Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EmmyH have you created your EverSafe ID yet, if so choose to 'resend code' a few times, an email option should show up.

If still issues, the 2 ways to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team are below:

1 -  Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to: Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Once logged into My Account - See how to report lost / stolen: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Need Help? Let's chat.