cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port-in issue

Promet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need help to get an email to allow port-in to Public Mobile

I switched from Virgin earlier today. Still having trouble getting incoming SMS and incoming voice calls. 

Virgin said they still have my number and I need to ask Public Mobile to send me an email that I can approve for the port out from Virgin to port in Public Mobile. 

I will have lots of issues accessing MFA apps and websites in the meantime. 

Place email me asap - SMS and Voice don’t work. 

thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

Promet

Many thanks @LitlLdy 

Hope you feel better soon

@Promet wrote:

Op did not delete the Virgin eSIM on the iPhone. I learnt after the fact that I could have gone into setting > cellular data to turn on the Virgin eSIM (which will turn off the PM eSIM) to approve the text message with the Virgin eSIM.
It appeared that before the Virgin line turned SOS during the actual port-out, the Virgin eSIM remained active receiving incoming/outcoming calls and texts as well as had data services; at the same time that the PM eSIM when turned on would have data services, outcoming texts and calls.

@Promet , that’s why I was asking those questions, I could have told you 😞 . I’m really sick right now but kept looking for your reply! I’m sorry you went through all that. I had no way to tell you to save you all the trouble 😞. I’m happy it worked out for you & I’m really proud of you for not giving up. 

Promet

Op did not delete the Virgin eSIM on the iPhone. I learnt after the fact that I could have gone into setting > cellular data to turn on the Virgin eSIM (which will turn off the PM eSIM) to approve the text message with the Virgin eSIM.
It appeared that before the Virgin line turned SOS during the actual port-out, the Virgin eSIM remained active receiving incoming/outcoming calls and texts as well as had data services; at the same time that the PM eSIM when turned on would have data services, outcoming texts and calls.

Promet

Thank you everyone @LitlLdy  @Handy1  @hTideGnow  @Chalupa_Batman  for your support! My port-out has now been completed and I’m able to receive incoming calls and texts about one hour after PM finalized and confirmed that Virgin cleared the porting. 
The PM porting team was very helpful. After re-initiating the request, I spent over an hour with Virgin to manually complete the approval. Even after that, the port out was unsuccessful because there was a Virgin account number issue which the PM team was able to fix for me as the PM team retried and finalized the process with me over my second PM team phone call. 

What I didn’t know until everything was completed that may be helpful if I had to do this again:

- Even though iPhone 12 can only use one active eSIM at any given time, the phone can store multiple eSIMs until the user deletes them. In my case, the PM eSIM provisioning did not delete my Virgin eSIM. I could have turned back on the Virgin eSIM to receive SMS which would have included the text requiring me to respond with YES within the 90-minute transfer time window using the Virgin eSIM. What I did was responding YES to the Virgin short code SMS with my active PM eSIM so the YES respond did not get back to Virgin.  This seems to be the step that could have saved me from having to spend hours with Virgin to process the manual port out approval. 

@Handy1 wrote:

@Promet  There’s a number for live support that can re trigger the port request will send you it private message as we not allowed to post it here . And get it fixed 

@Handy1 , it was already sent by @hTideGnow in the 1st message on this post!

We’re trying to find out if Op deleted the Virgin eSIM from iPhone, if so can not receive the text from them to approve the port over to Public Mobile!

@Promet wrote:

I was on Virgin eSIM so I need PM to initiate the process by email according to Virgin because I only have PM eSIM now

@Promet , did you delete your Virgin eSIM from your iPhone or is it still on your iPhone? The Virgin eSIM needs to still be on (enabled) your iPhone in order to receive the text to approve the port request from Virgin!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Promet  There’s a number for live support that can re trigger the port request will send you it private message as we not allowed to post it here . And get it fixed 

HI @Promet then make sure Virgin eSIM is enabled and able to receive text.  Do not delete the eSIM until you are sure the porting completed

Promet

I was on Virgin eSIM so I need PM to initiate the process by email according to Virgin because I only have PM eSIM now

Promet

I was on Virgin eSIM and now on PM eSIM. 
it’s iPhone 12 so only one eSIM

Virgin can confirm they still have my number because the request expired

Hi @Promet 

call the PM porting team.

Again, make sure your Virgin sim is there so you can receive the text

and do not close your Virgin account.  Once porting is done, the account will be closed

I guess @hTideGnow will send you the number via PM. Please put your VM SIM card back in. Then wait for the text again. Then leave your SIM in until you see the Virgin name disappear of the top of the screen. Then try making a call. If you can't, the port is complete. If you can, still an issue.

Promet

Yes, please send me the number. I can still dial out from the phone. Thanks

Promet

I did. And they said they never received my Yes hence I have to ask PM to reinitiate. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Promet 

Did you receive a text message from VM and say YES?>

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Promet 

I will send you a number to call PM porting team, and they can reinitiate the porting request

Need Help? Let's chat.